THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 16th March (Home to Cheshunt Town)

St. Mary's do not have a game this coming Sunday, so presumably they have asked to be released as their League Intermediate Cup Quarter-Final is down on the latest fixture list to be played at Hazelwood the Sunday after (23rd) instead.
That means we will now definitely have a game...and at Hazelwood, which is good news for those who are going to Spurs v. Arsenal in the afternoon.

Our opponents are Cheshunt Town, who we lost 7-2 to earlier in the season when we only had 10 men turn up and Barney had to play in goal.
Danny Hagan was one of several first-choice players who missed that match and he is also unavailable for this one. Tem Adil will come into the squad to take his place, having re-signed for us on 'deadline day', but it's trying to find players willing to come along and be a substitute that I suspect will be a problem again.
On the teamsheet that Trevor has given me, he is assuming that Tom Simmons, Krishan Singh & Sy Allen will all be there this time in addition to Tem and the eleven other players who were there for The Beehive match on Sunday (less Hagan, but including Grant Baker ).

This coming Wednesday night will be our last training session of the season, so if players who are not currently in the squad want to play in any of our remaining 6 matches, then they need to make an effort to attend.

Details of the Cheshunt Town fixture and our match Away to The Beehive on the 23rd March will be on the website later today/this evening.

Re: Squad for Sunday 16th March (Home to Cheshunt Town)

I am available Sunday but in all honesty I don't want to slap 120 miles to play ten minutes. I will bring money for the subs I owe if I am needed

Trevor announced a squad of 15 last night including Tom Simmons, who we hoped would be available. However, I have just checked with Tom and he cannot play on Sundays at the moment due to work commitments caused by having to play three matches a week for his Saturday side (Broxbourne Borough). Like most Saturday clubs at that level, they have been badly affected by the weather and have a massive backlog of fixtures where they are playing every Saturday/Tuesday/Thursday from now until the end of the season.

We therefore now have a squad of 14 as follows (assuming they are all available):
Mal Saphiris (GK)
Grant Baker (GK)
Lexton Harrison
Alan Barnard
George Stahlmann
Terry Moore
Garry Cover
Daniel Cascoe
Tem Adil
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley
Krishan Singh
Ryan Foreman

Krishan and Ryan were both at training last night, which is why they have been put in the squad ahead of others.
It is up to Trevor whether he wants to put John Scouller (or anybody else) in the squad so that we have three outfield substitutes instead of playing either Mal or Grant outfield.
It was pretty much agreed at training last night that if we have three subs, they will all be used.

john scouller
I am available Sunday but in all honesty I don't want to slap 120 miles to play ten minutes. I will bring money for the subs I owe if I am needed

I am happy for John to be in the squad if he is available but I do not guarantee anyone a place in the starting line up or how long they will get as a substitute. I fully understand that you don't want to travel especially for the game but if you are in the area please come along with your boots.