THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Squad for Sunday 23rd Feb. (Away to U.S. Acli)

The situation for this Sunday at the moment is that the U.S. Acli Secretary has heard nothing from Broxbourne Council or the League Fixture Secretary, so we are therefore assuming that the pitches at Wormley Playing Fields are now playable and that our game is ON !!!

There is nothing on our League's Full-Time site to say that the game is off because the F.A.'s server appears to have been hacked and Full-Time has been offline nationally for the last two days...apparently !
Also, unlike Enfield Council, Broxbourne Council do not publish anything on their website (or a Facebook/Twitter page) as to whether their pitches are playable or not. (I have just looked at Enfield Council's online pitch report for this weekend here and Hazelwood is off again, so it's a good job we are not at Home !).

I have also heard nothing from Trevor as regards whether he wants Krishan & Ryan in the squad and I have heard nothing from Mal either, so there is a possibility he is away somewhere and we may not have a keeper...again.
I will text everybody tomorrow (Saturday) morning to check that they are all playing...as long as they haven't changed their phone numbers. I think Daley has and I don't have Sy Allen's for a start.

If players read this message and can text me first to confirm whether they will be there on Sunday or not, that will do me a favour.

Also...I have Mal's gloves from the last match and there are only 11 pairs of black shorts left in the kit bag. Those players who have taken shorts home with them MUST bring them back on Sunday.

Re: Squad for Sunday 23rd Feb. (Away to U.S. Acli)

The League's Full-Time site came back online yesterday with our match still listed and at the moment we have 12 players as far as I know.
Mal is playing, but Tom is going away tomorrow morning and won't be, and I don't know about Sy Allen yet.

I have been out all day working, so maybe Trevor has chased more players up if he wants a squad of 14 ?

That's the situation at the moment.