THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Squad for Sunday 16th Feb. (Away to The Beehive)

Training is now OFF tonight at we would not have had any more than six players there (i.e. Barney, Garry, Cascoe, John, Krishan, Ryan) plus myself.

Same as last week, just in case the game is on this Sunday, the squad of 16 is as follows:
Mal Saphiris (GK)
Lexton Harrison
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
George Stahlmann
Tom Simmons
Danny Hagan
Garry Cover
Daniel Cascoe
Riaz Daniels
Krishan Singh
Ryan Foreman
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley
John Scouller

The Beehive Secretary has confirmed that the Country Club groundsman will make a decision on the state of the pitch tomorrow (Friday) daytime.
I have no idea what condition the pitch is in at the moment, but it is supposed to rain heavily all day tomorrow and if that happens, the match will almost certainly get called off.
Please do not make plans to do something else just yet in case that weather forecast is wrong.

I notice here that the fixture has been wiped off the list already and it just says 'Postponed' here, but Pitch One over there is still on (for a match in the Premier Division).

So...I would guess either Pitch Two (which we are supposed to be on) is completely under water or The Beehive are non-fulfilling the fixture.
Hopefully I will have some confirmation by this evening.

The League Fixture Secretary has just confirmed that Pitch Two at the Country Club in Cheshunt was deemed unplayable by the groundsman yesterday (Thursday), so our game against The Beehive this Sunday is definitely OFF.

It is now likely to be played as a Double-Header on a Sunday in April as we have not played them at Home yet either.