Fixtures have now been announced here for the next three weeks and we are at Home to League leaders The Sheaf in our next match this coming Sunday (9th Feb.).
After our confidence-boosting 4-1 win against Highgate Redwing in our last match, this fixture suits us fine as we should have a full-strength squad available to choose from. Unfortunately though, the weather forecast from Tuesday afternoon onwards is horrendous for the rest of the week and it is likely that Enfield Council may have to call off all their pitches again for the 8th week in a row.
Here is what Enfield Council are currently saying about the situation: http://www.enfield.gov.uk/info/462/sports-pitches_and_courts
Training at the Southgate Hockey Centre will be on as normal this coming Wednesday night and we will see what the weather situation is then.
If anybody is not available to play on Sunday 9th February (should the game go ahead), please let us know as soon as possible.
I won't be at training tonight as my car has an electrical fault which has drained the battery. I won't be able to get it fixed until tomorrow (Thursday) at the earliest.
Trevor won't be there either as he is ill.
However, Riaz has still got the balls and bibs from last Wednesday and Barney will also be there, so it shouldn't cause a problem if myself and Trevor are not there again. We will both be there on Sunday if the game is on.
Just in case the game is on this Sunday, the squad of 16 is as follows:
Mal Saphiris (GK)
We should know by tomorrow (Friday) lunchtime. It will probably depend on whether the current weather forecast of torrential rain today and tonight is correct or not.