THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 1st Dec (Away to AC Enfield)

Our next match this coming Sunday is Away to AC Enfield at St. Mary's School in Cheshunt (where we played Asco last season...down Lieutenant Ellis Way on the roundabout half mile down from the 'Tesco' Country Club...for those of our players who like their landmarks !?).
Full details are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

All 12 players who made an effort to turn up and play in our 2-0 defeat to US Acli yesterday will definitely be in the squad for this match. These are as follows:
Garry Cover
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
George Stahlmann
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Danny Hagan
Junior Brown
Adam Krstic
Francis Karemo
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley

In addition to that, Alan Barnard and Adam Griffin will both definitely be in the squad as they were there watching yesterday. We are still trying to get Jack Tompkins to play in goal, but if he doesn't, then Barney will go in goal as he is still not fit enough to play as an outfield player at the moment because of his thigh injury.
Griff missed yesterday's match with a wrist injury, so he will be used as an outfield substitute in this match (if needed). That will then be a squad of at least 14. (15 if Jack Tompkins plays).
John Scouller will be serving the second match of his three-match suspension. We don't know where he was yesterday as he was supposed to be coming along to run the line...unless he told me he would be working instead and I wasn't listening.

As for everybody else, if they want to get back in the team/squad then it's up to them to turn up to training, pay their subs and stop messing us about by failing to turn up on a Sunday morning without telling us !

As for new players who want to join us, they are welcome as long as they can afford to pay a £15 (half-price) Annual Sub and then £10 a week (if they play a full match and also come training)...and bring a passport photo with them for their League registration when they attend training. If they do all of that this Wednesday, then they will have a good chance of being in the squad for our match on the 8th December and we can then start getting rid of the numerous players we seem to have at the moment who can't get out of bed on a Sunday morning.

Re: Squad for Sunday 1st Dec (Away to AC Enfield)

Trevor told me his squad for this Sunday at training last night but then didn't e-mail it to me for some reason, so I will have to do it by memory.
Firstly, Leon has dropped out because he is babysitting this Sunday. Also I think Lexton said last night that Junior has flu, although Trevor has kept him in the squad for the time being anyway.
Thankfully, Jack Tompkins has confirmed that he is definitely playing in goal this Sunday, so that means Garry can now play as an outfield player.
Frankie was not at training last night and said he is moving house this weekend, but he has promised to play on Sunday and get there before the kick-off this time...although when he runs into the Spurs v. Man United traffic (12.00.p.m. Kick-Off) on his way up from South London, he will probably turn up at Half-Time again !?
Krishan Singh and Ryan Foreman were both at training last night whereas others were not, so they have both been added to the squad, as has Daniel Cascoe. Cascoe was not at training last night because he texted me to bring a pair of shorts & socks for him after I had already left my house. (He would have come training straight from work if I had been able to bring those items of kit for him). That's not his fault. At least he was going to make an effort.

So...the squad of 16 is therefore as follows:
Jack Tompkins (GK)
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
George Stahlmann
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Garry Cover
Ryan Foreman
Junior Brown
Adam Krstic
Francis Karemo
Krishan Singh
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley
Adam Griffin

Alan Barnard will also be there to run the line if necessary or play if we have got less than eleven at the kick-off. He is hoping to be fit enough to play properly the following week.
With flu, babysitting (because of WAGS doing Xmas temp jobs) and Spurs v. Man United at mid-day all likely to cause a problem for a lot of teams this Sunday, we may not be the only ones at risk of playing with just a bare eleven or less...so that is why we have named a squad of 16.

As for the registered players situation, Ben Keating has now officially left the club and joined Lea Valley Royals (having paid the subs he owed us), but Younes Jouied signed up at training last night and will be registered to play from Sunday 8th December onwards.
We also had Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo contacting us the other day asking to re-join, although he wasn't at training last night. It remains to be seen if he is being serious and actually pays his subs.
Also at training last week (but not last night) was Yianni Kyriacou's brother Georgio. John Scouller brought him along and he is interested in signing up, but John is away on a work course at the moment which is probably why Georgio wasn't there last night. Apparently Yianni will be back down here in the Summer after he finishes Uni and he will then re-join us. He has been a big loss for us during the past 2 and a half seasons while he has been away, so it will be a great boost to have him back. Georgio is also a good player who will give us some much-needed creativity in midfield.

We had 16 there at training last night, including 9 of Riaz & Jack's mates.
Three of them signed registration forms last night and if they post me their passport photos before this coming Monday night, then they will be registered to play from Sunday 8th December as well as Younes. Obviously they are not going to walk into the team ahead of others straight away, but it means we are certainly not in danger of folding through a lack of players, even if we continue to lose every game we play because nobody knows each other and we end up in the bottom division (of three) next season.
Unfortunately Riaz has not been at training himself for the last two weeks due to illness, but hopefully he will sign up as well at some stage.

As for travelling to the venue this Sunday, just a reminder that St. Mary's school is on a roundabout half-way down Lieutenant Ellis Way in Cheshunt...which is the dual carriageway that runs from the A10 between Waltham Cross (A121) and Goffs Oak/Goffs Lane. You then go in the right-hand 'Sports Hall' car park at the school entrance and drive down to the bottom.
Jack Bangs, Jack Tompkins, George & Adam Krstic will all need a lift from the Barnet/Oakwood/Southgate area...if Trevor, Terry and Griff (who drives) can sort that one out between them ?