THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 6th Oct Away to Cuffley

We are now playing Away to Premier Division side Cuffley in two Cup matches in a row, one this coming Sunday (in the League Senior Cup) and the other the Sunday after (in the League Challenge Cup). Up until today (when they lost 6-0 to Upshire's First Team), Cuffley had been top of the Premier Division table.
Full details of our two matches against them will be on the Forthcoming Fixtures page by tomorrow (Monday).

The squad for this first match (at Newgate Street Village Rec) will be announced after training this coming Monday night, but players in contention to come into the squad will be Danny Hagan (if his broken toe passes a fitness test), new signings Jack Tompkins (GK) & Ryan Foreman, and any registered players who make an effort to attend training this week who were not in the squad for the 4-2 defeat to Upshire Reserves.
Manager Trevor Hughes will be back from holiday and attending training.

Re: Squad for Sunday 6th Oct Away to Cuffley

I'm definitely not going to be fit for Sunday, I've been in pain since I went for that run on Monday. So annoyed.

We had another good turnout of 14 players at training last night, including Leon McKenzie-McKay, who is now giving up playing Saturday football due to family commitments and is ready to concentrate on playing for us on Sundays instead, which is obviously great news. Leon is already registered, so he is therefore included in the squad for this Sunday along with new signing Ryan Foreman and also Krishan Singh, who missed the match against Upshire Reserves with a foot injury but proved his fitness at training last night.

Unfortunately, new goalkeeper Jack Tompkins didn't attend last night, so Trevor has therefore left him out of the squad and Garry Cover will continue in goal for this match. Obviously Jack will be on standby if he is available, and if he wants to come along and watch/bring his boots & gloves in case of last-minute drop-outs, then either Trevor or Terry Moore will be able to give him a lift from the Barnet/Oakwood area.
As Trevor had 17 available players to choose from, he has decided to leave Martin Cruickshank out for this game for the time being because he wasn't at training and still owes the most subs out of anybody. All other players in the squad have either paid their Annual Subs, were there at training last night or have only just joined the club, so we have to give preference to them.

The full squad of 16 is as follows:
Garry Cover (GK)
Terry Moore
Alan Barnard
Lexton Harrison
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Tom Simmons
George Stahlmann
Daniel Cascoe
Francis Karemo
Junior Brown
Krishan Singh
Ryan Foreman
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley
John Scouller

From what I was hearing in conversations at training last night, this is going to be another game where our players go to the wrong ground.
Please note that Cuffley's Sunday side do NOT play on their Herts Senior County League pitch at Cuffley FC. They play at Newgate Street Village Rec, which is about two miles away. (See here).
The postcode for Newgate Street Rec is SG13 8RA.

Also, I won't be able to give anybody a lift on Sunday as I will be bringing my ladder platform to film the match from (because the car park is right next to the pitch at Newgate Street). If Daley needs a lift from Edmonton Green, Barney should be able to pick him up.

Tom Simmons is not available for the rest of October due to a work course, but I don't know if Trevor wants to call up anybody to replace him in the squad.
The only other player in the squad who has not confirmed his availability yet (because he was not at training and doesn't use Teamer) is Ali 'TJ' Sowe, so we should have 14 there anyway as long as nobody drops out on the morning of the match.