THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ball Pump Gone

On Sunday, The Sheaf Manager came round to our side of the pitch, borrowed our ball pump from the medical kit bag, took it back round the other side of the pitch to pump their match balls up and then (presumably ?) forgot to give it back.
I have just gone to pump the match balls up for this Sunday and the ball pump is not there. Fortunately I have got an electric inflator at home to pump them up with, but if the Ref wants them pumped up on Sunday, then we have a problem.

Once again, this is all because players simply will not come along if they 'know' they are a sub so they do not have to run the line.
Trev was running the line over the far side, I was filming, and the only other club member on our touchline was Tom, who then had to come on as a sub shortly afterwards. Tim & Junior were on our touchline after The Sheaf Manager had borrowed the pump, so I was the only one who knew he had taken it, but as I was filming I had no idea during the match if he gave it back or not.

The whole situation is total crap and it is really pissing me off. That's another piece of equipment that now has to be ordered, all because people do not want to run the line !

We have also lost a yellow bib since the start of the season. Presumably somebody is now wearing that as a hi-viz for riding their bike...in the same way that half our players who have 'left' the club since the end of last season are now wearing our Adidas black shorts on the beach.

Re: Ball Pump Gone

I'll speak with Mick Billson from The Sheaf later today to see if we can get the pump back from them.

For the record, my yellow high vis vest is my own, not the clubs.

Cheers
Barney

I borrowed a bib to use when riding my bike as I had left my high vis at work, I will return it at training next week.

Barney
I'll speak with Mick Billson from The Sheaf later today to see if we can get the pump back from them.
OK Cheers Barney
...but you are not there this Sunday, so if you get it back before then, can you bring it round to me ?

Tim
I borrowed a bib to use when riding my bike as I had left my high vis at work, I will return it at training next week.

Thanks Tim. It's only in case we get 10-a-side at training.
(There are supposed to be 10 yellow and 10 blue bibs).