THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 22nd Sept. Home to Highgate Redwing

We are playing our first Home match of the season this coming Sunday at Hazelwood where we face Highgate Redwing.
Full details will appear on the Forthcoming Fixtures page by tomorrow (Monday).

Manager Trevor Hughes is now away on holiday for the next two weeks, so Terry Moore will be Caretaker Player-Manager. Unfortunately though, Alan Barnard is away for the weekend and I presume Danny Hagan will still be out with his broken toe, so we are going to be struggling for players again if other squad members persist in dropping out at the last minute because they think we have got enough players without them. We have no option but to continue naming squads of 16 and just hope that we can get some more commitment from players to go sub and run the line if necessary.

At the moment, the following 12 players will definitely be in the squad for this match because they made an effort to turn up and play in our last match against The Sheaf:
Garry Cover (GK)
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
George Stahlmann
Daniel Cascoe
Krishan Singh
Junior Brown
Tom Simmons
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley
John Scouller

Please note that the above is not necessarily the starting line-up (with John sub because he comes along after work) !!!
The remaining four places in the squad will be filled by players who either attend training this week or phone/text/e-mail me before Wednesday night if they are not coming training but are available for this match.
As Terry cannot attend training himself, I will e-mail him at work on Thursday morning with regards to who was there or not and I will then confirm the squad on here as soon as he replies.

Players who bring a photo and sign up on Wednesday night will not be registered to play until Sunday 29th September.

Re: Squad for Sunday 22nd Sept. Home to Highgate Redwing

Terry has named a squad of 14 for this Sunday's match at the moment as follows:
Garry Cover (GK)
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
Martin Cruickshank
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
George Stahlmann
Daniel Cascoe
Krishan Singh
Tom Simmons
Daniel Daley
Jack Bangs
John Scouller
Francis Karemo
Danny Hagan

However, we need Frankie & Hagan to both confirm their availability as soon as possible as neither of them played last Sunday and they were not at training last night either. Both are in the squad despite that because they have paid their Annual Subs and others haven't.
Although he overslept and missed our last match, Martin Cruickshank is in the squad because he was at training last night whereas others who didn't play last Sunday were not.
Junior Brown is currently doubtful due to the chest injury he received on Sunday, but if he is available, he will be added to the squad.

If any other registered players are available for this Sunday who are not listed above, please phone Terry on 07753 416154 to see if you are needed.

We had an excellent turnout of 14 at training last night (not including me). That included Riaz Daniels on his way back from injury and Ryan Foreman, a mate of Krishan's who looks a very good player. He is a central midfielder, he signed a registration form last night, and he will be bringing his photo on Sunday.
If certain players do not want to bother coming training because they think it will be 'boring' and/or they think they can get away with playing on Sundays without paying any subs, that's up to them. They will not get in the team if they persist in doing that...whoever they are.

Finally, I will be at Hazelwood just after 9.00.a.m. on Sunday to open up the changing rooms and start putting the nets up. If any players can get there between 9.15-9.30 to help me if I am running late, that will be much appreciated.
Getting there at that time also gives players the chance to talk tactics...as discussed in this thread.

Re: Squad for Sunday 22nd Sept. Home to Highgate Redwing

Definate no for me. I'm not going to be fit for another 2 weeks maybe.