THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 15th Sept. Away to The Sheaf

Our next match this coming Sunday is Away to Division One title favourites The Sheaf on Pitch 11 at Enfield Playing Fields. Full details are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.
I think Pitch 11 is at the Southbury Road end (instead of Donkey Lane), right up against the houses in Sketty Road and opposite that very small car park. Here's the drive-in entrance in Sketty Road that leads to that car park.
To get a space in there though, you will need to turn up well before 9.30.a.m., otherwise you will have to park in either the Ladysmith Road car park, the Southbury Leisure Centre car park, or in Bryn-y-Mawr Road or Sketty Road.
We will be changing in the Central Pavilion, which is here.
Pitch 11 was briefly McKenzie Rangers' Home pitch about 3 years ago just before they folded, so those of our ex-McKenzie Rangers players should know where it is !?

The Sheaf predictably started off their season with a big 7-0 win yesterday (against Cheshunt Town), so that is what we are up against.

As for our squad, we have eleven players who will definitely be in it because they are the only ones who are paying their subs and turning up to play regularly !
These are as follows:
Garry Cover (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
George Stahlmann
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Jack Bangs
Francis Karemo
Daniel Daley
Lexton Harrison

The other five players will be picked after training this coming Wednesday night.
I have just posted off registrations for two more new players in Junior Brown and Tom Simmons, so hopefully they will be processed by the League in time for this match. Unfortunately Jack Tompkins and Ollie Blake did not give George Stahlmann their photos to give to me yesterday, so they will not be registered for this Sunday (because I don't have time to drive round to people's houses and then to the League Registration Secretary's house in Cheshunt before the 8.00.p.m. Wednesday evening deadline when I live in Edmonton).
It is up to players to turn up to training on Wednesday and pay their subs if they want to get in the team. There are places up for grabs as we are clearly not good enough at the moment based on our 3-0 defeat to Continental, but we cannot afford to play players who are not going to pay any subs.

New players who bring a photo to training (and sign up) this Wednesday will be eligible to play on the 22nd September. That also includes Jack Tompkins, Ollie Blake, Riaz Daniels and Younes Jouied.

Re: Squad for Sunday 15th Sept. Away to The Sheaf

Laurence Hughes
I think Pitch 11 is at the Southbury Road end (instead of Donkey Lane), right up against the houses in Sketty Road and opposite that very small car park. Here's the drive-in entrance in Sketty Road that leads to that car park.
To get a space in there though, you will need to turn up well before 9.30.a.m., otherwise you will have to park in either the Ladysmith Road car park, the Southbury Leisure Centre car park, or in Bryn-y-Mawr Road or Sketty Road.
We will be changing in the Central Pavilion, which is here.
Pitch 11 was briefly McKenzie Rangers' Home pitch about 3 years ago just before they folded, so those of our ex-McKenzie Rangers players should know where it is !?

The Sheaf Secretary has just confirmed that this is all correct.
I think when McKenzie Rangers used that pitch it was numbered differently, but it is the same one.

It is quite a long walk from that pitch (and small car park/Sketty Road) to the Central Pavilion, so I would suggest that if the weather is dry and it is fairly warm, we get changed on the side of the pitch. Half our players seem to have kept club shorts and socks anyway looking at the kit I have just washed and what is left in the bag ! If players want a shower in the Central Pavilion afterwards, they can just bring their dirty kit back out to the Sketty Road car park...assuming I get a space in there.
The clean kit bag, balls, water bottles & medical kit can then be put straight back in my car from the pitch without them having to be carried over to the changing rooms & back.

Based on who was at training last night and who played last Sunday, here is the squad of 16 for this Sunday's match Away to The Sheaf:
Garry Cover (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
George Stahlmann
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Jack Bangs
Francis Karemo
Daniel Daley
Lexton Harrison
Martin Cruickshank
John Scouller
Krishan Singh
Junior Brown
Rafiel Johnson

There were only 9 players at training last night, including Martin, John, Krishan & Junior, which is why they have been put in the squad ahead of others). The others at training were Garry, Lexton, Cascoe, Jack and a mate of Krishan's who looked a good player.
We still had a good session thanks to Cascoe coming up with some good ideas from his Wormley Rovers training sessions, but if players (who did not give us an excuse in advance) can't be bothered to turn up just because it is raining, then they are not going to get in the squad I'm afraid.

As for the squad that has been picked, it includes Danny Hagan, but according to Facebook he has now broken a toe (at work) and is unlikely to play.
If any other registered players who are not in the squad at the moment are coming along to watch, I would advise them to bring their boots in case others drop out at short notice (or cannot get there until Half-Time). That was how Raf got a game last week as he was not in the squad originally.

Also, I need somebody to give Martin a lift from Edmonton Green as I want to bring my ladder/platform to film from (bearing in mind the pitch is next to the car park). I can't fit anybody in my car when I bring that.
Can Barney help ? Or TJ ?

Laurence Hughes
Also, I need somebody to give Martin a lift from Edmonton Green as I want to bring my ladder/platform to film from (bearing in mind the pitch is next to the car park). I can't fit anybody in my car when I bring that.
Can Barney help ? Or TJ ?

No worries - leave that with me.
Cheers
Barney

Danny Hagan is injured but Ben Keating is available so we still have a squad of 16 if no-one drops out.