THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
highlights

Nutmeg a defender. Then set up Jack for a shot. But doesn't make it into the highlights. Of course.

Re: highlights

Don't worry George. I did manage to see your magnificent performance on Sunday. I thought that you was wunning the midfield. You looked very wobust and weady for a well deserved call up.
Wight now I am organising my scouts to attend the next wovers game where they will give me a detailed final weport on you. Weally, weally, weally pleased with you so far.

Wegards,

Woy.

George Stahlmann
Nutmeg a defender. Then set up Jack for a shot. But doesn't make it into the highlights. Of course.
Jack only had one shot in the match and that is on 01:42 on the highlights. You were not involved in that move, so I have no idea which one you are talking about.

If Jack had another shot in the match, then it was either from distance and blocked well before it reached the 6-yard box or it trickled along the ground and didn't reach the goal...in which case I don't include them in the shots count and certainly not in the highlights, whether any of our other players did a good piece of skill in the build-up or not. The highlights would last well over 45 minutes if I included good build-up play that didn't result in a shot, and obviously that's too long.

You can always buy a full match DVD for a tenner though George.

You should try playing in defence you whole Rovers career - the only time you make it onto the highlights is when you mess up leading to a goal or a chance...

That said, I think Lol should try to produce a comedy moments DVD, with all the nutmegs, tricks and flicks that we've done over the past few seasons, as well as anything else amusing. I'd certainly pay £10 for that, and I'm sure a few of the others would too.

Barney
I think Lol should try to produce a comedy moments DVD, with all the nutmegs, tricks and flicks that we've done over the past few seasons, as well as anything else amusing. I'd certainly pay £10 for that, and I'm sure a few of the others would too.
I have been intending to do that for years, but just don't have the time.
It involves scrolling through a massive amount of footage trying to find things like that, but I can't afford to do that instead of paid filming, editing & production work...unless I am going to sell at least 50 copies @ £10.00 each.

I don't think I got George's nutmeg anyway because of the usual problem of players standing right in line with the camera while hardly moving. I heard him say at the end of the game (or was it at Half-Time ?) 'I hope you got that on camera', but I didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

Terry was also complaining about defenders getting a raw deal on the highlights, but in fact it should be better for them nowadays as the highlights are all 20-25 minutes' worth, which means I include more build-up play from the back. Quite often that includes a good tackle first to start off the move. Terry wouldn't know that as he says he 'never' watches the highlights.
Up until a couple of years ago, the highlights were only 10 minutes because of a You Tube limit on uploads. That was when defenders got far more of a raw deal.
It's the same for professional footballers on Match Of The Day though.

...and by the way, see which two players were involved at the start of this quality goal !