THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 8th Sept. Away to Continental

This coming Sunday we are playing our first League match of the season Away to Continental at Brimsdown (Goldsdown Road). Details are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page of how to get there...for those of our players who have never played there before.

Daniel Daley is out for 6 weeks with an ankle injury and Ben Keating is on holiday, while numerous other players have failed to provide a photo in time for their League registration for this match, including Younes Jouied, our new goalkeeper Jack Tompkins and long throw expert Ollie Blake.
Trevor has therefore named a squad of 13 at the moment who all played in our final Pre-Season Friendly against AFC Southgate yesterday and are registered to play in this match. These are as follows:
Garry Cover (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
George Stahlmann
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Martin Cruickshank
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Francis Amankwah
Frankie Karemo
Krishan Singh
Jack Bangs
Lexton Harrison

The other place in the squad (assuming Trevor wants 14 instead of 16 as we can only use 3 subs in League matches) will be taken by one of the following registered players. Presumably it will depend on whether any of them turn up to training this Wednesday night ?:
Adam Griffin (GK)
Adam Krstic
John Scouller
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Ivan Bass
Lee King
Rafiel Johnson

'Griff' missed the AFC Southgate Pre-Season Friendly because he overslept, while Lee (and a new player he wanted to bring) didn't have a lift because both my car and Terry's were already full. Adam Krstic did play against AFC Southgate, but obviously with Daley, Ben & Ollie all missing, we need another forward in the squad for this match (i.e. John, Leon, Lee or Raf).

As for lifts to matches and training, I am going to start a new thread about that, as it is going to need a lot of sorting out this season.

Please make an effort to attend training this Wednesday...and don't forget it starts at 8.30.p.m., not 9.00.p.m. !

Re: Squad for Sunday 8th Sept. Away to Continental

First game of the season boys!

I won't be at training tonight as i have a match for Norsemen against Southgate Olympic. I'm also told that Wednesday nights is the nights Norsemen will be training this season 7-30 - 9-30

Hagan
I'm also told that Wednesday nights is the nights Norsemen will be training this season 7-30 - 9-30
Might be an idea if we join in with them then if we continue to only get 5 or 6 players turning up to the SHC for the next 9 weeks (that we have already paid for).

I did say organising training was a bad idea....

Hagan
I did say organising training was a bad idea....
Chairman's Blog rant about that coming soon.
Don't worry though. I will make sure Trev proof-reads it first !

Daniel Daley has now apparently passed a fitness test on his injured ankle by going for a run and has declared himself available for Sunday, while John Scouller was at training last night and has also been added to the squad, even though he can't get there until Half-Time due to work. (If the Pre-Season Friendlies are anything to go by, we will only have eleven players there for the First Half anyway, so it's unlikely that the other three subs will have been brought on before he arrives ).
Trevor also wants Adam Griffin in the squad as Jack Tompkins is not yet registered and Garry Cover is often 'on call' for work, which would therefore leave us without a goalkeeper.

So, we now have a squad of 16 as follows:
Garry Cover (GK)
Adam Griffin (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
George Stahlmann
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Martin Cruickshank
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Francis Amankwah
Frankie Karemo
Krishan Singh
Jack Bangs
Lexton Harrison
Daniel Daley
John Scouller

As for getting to the venue, it was clear at training last night that a number of players do not have a clue where Brimsdown FC is. All they need to do is look here and click on the map link next to where it says 'Venue' in green.
If you are confused by maps, then just give myself or Trevor a call if you get lost.

When you get to the bottom of Goldsdown Road, you will see this.
On the right is the main car park for the Brimsdown Sports & Social Club.
We are playing on the Downs pitch, which is down the public footpath in the middle of that picture.
If the metal gate on the left is open for the Downs, then we should be able to drive in there and park in the Downs outside the changing rooms. If that gate is shut, then we have to park in the Brimsdown car park and walk through to the Downs via a gate on the left inside the car park behind the clubhouse.

I won't be able to give anybody a lift on Sunday as I will be bringing my ladder & platform to film from. The reason for that is because we can only stand on one side of the pitch at the Downs due to trees and bushes right on the touchline on the far side, so I need to be able to film over people's heads. I might even be able to get up on the clubhouse roof ! This is another game where I will be experimenting with adding a commentary, so the commentator needs me to film from a vantage point so that he can identify players.
Terry Moore has now moved to live in Barnet, so he won't be able to give players a lift from Edmonton Green any more. Barney has arranged to pick up Martin from there this Sunday, so if anybody else (e.g. Daley or George ?) needs a lift, they will have to contact Barney.