THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for AFC Southgate Pre-Season Friendly - Sunday 1st September

We are now playing another Pre-Season Friendly this Sunday (at Enfield Playing Fields) instead of it being our first League match of the season, so that means trialists can play if they are available.

We also now have Danny Hagan available as he missed his flight to Ibiza and can't get another one, so in theory we should have 'everyone' available for this match.
However, only 6 players turned up to training last night, which were Terry Moore, Lexton Harrison, Jack Bangs, Martin Cruickshank, Krishan Singh & Francis Amankwah, while Daniel Cascoe turned up towards the end having been working late.
Alan Barnard, George Stahlmann, Daniel Daley, Ali 'TJ' Sowe, Francis Karemo, Adam Griffin, Adam Krstic and Hagan all gave us excuses for not being able to attend, but we have no idea where everybody else was !

So...we have 15 players mentioned above who are currently 'in touch' and we know they want to play on Sunday, but at least three of them have family commitments at the moment which might rule them out, so we definitely need others to play if they are available...especially a goalkeeper, as Griff wants to play outfield !
I have not got time to chase players up myself this week, so it's up to them to phone Trevor on 07894 961484 if they want to play.
Trevor has said that ideally he wants to field a full-strength starting line-up of currently registered players for this match in preparation for our first League match the following week.

I will be using Teamer to notify players anyway, but as we know, they will probably ignore that !?

Re: Squad for AFC Southgate Pre-Season Friendly - Sunday 1st September

Daley has put on Teamer that he is not playing (presumably still injured ?), so we only have 9 players who have confirmed their availability so far.
These are Barney, Terry, George, Hagan, Jack Bangs, TJ, Martin Cruickshank, Frankie Karemo and Francis Amankwah.
We currently have no goalkeeper either.

The following players did not confirm at training on Wednesday night (mainly because of possible family commitments which they wont know about until the morning of the match) and/or have not replied to Teamer. I have no idea if any of them have contacted Trevor since Wednesday:
Lexton, Cascoe, Krishan, Younes, Ben, Garry Cover, Adam Griffin, Adam Krstic, Ollie Blake, Jack Tompkins, John Scouller, Lee King, Leon, Ivan & Raf.
Also, I have no idea if anybody is bringing any prospective new players along.

That's the situation at the moment.

Garry Cover sent me a text to say he is 'on call but should be there.'
Cascoe said he was playing.
I have texted others but am awaiting replies.

Jack Tompkins and Ollie Blake are both playing and Jack says he can go in goal if required.

Lexton, Krishan and Ben all confirmed by text.

No reply from Leon, Raf or John.