THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Missing Shorts

I have just sorted out the kit bag ready for Sunday and there are only 13 pairs of shorts in there. There should be 20 !!!

Did I hear somebody say on Sunday that Inter Trac had to borrow some shorts from us because they didn't have enough ? If so, then they obviously didn't give them back.

I also suspect that since we bought the new kit, a number of our players have gone home in their shorts after matches (instead of having a shower) with some of those players now having left the club and keeping the shorts. Others will be forgetting to bring the shorts with them at the next match they play in and others will undoubtedly be making themselves unavailable for the next match after taking shorts home with them.

So...this coming Sunday, the first 13 players will get the shorts. If players turn up late, they will have to play in their underpants. As simple as that !

Re: Missing Shorts

Lexton lent a pair of shorts to Dave Martin who promised to give them back.

Trevor Hughes
Lexton lent a pair of shorts to Dave Martin who promised to give them back.
You mean David Allen. Just checked with Lex and he said David Allen did give them back and they were put in the dirty kit bag.

That means seven of our players are keeping shorts for themselves...probably to use as casual wear in the hot weather.

It used to be 50 pence fine each for the culprits in the club rules but that is not mentioned on the website page.

Down to just 10 pairs of shorts now following the match Away to Cuffley on Sunday. Another three have gone missing.

That doesn't include the goalkeepers shorts/trousers, so basically anybody coming on as a sub will now have to swap shorts with whoever comes off.