THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for J-Gaia Pre-Season Friendly (Sunday 11th August)

Our next Pre-Season Friendly this coming Sunday (11th August) is a 10.30.a.m. Kick-Off at Enfield Playing Fields against West London-based Japanese team J-Gaia.
Full details of this match should be on the Forthcoming Fixtures page by Monday evening.

The squad for this match (at the moment) is as follows:
Garry Cover (GK)
Terry Moore
Ivan Bass
Lexton Harrison
George Stahlmann
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
'Brendon'
(Mate of Krishan's)
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Ben Keating
Joe Godfrey
(Mate of Ben's)
Krishan Singh
Ollie Blake
Jack Tompkins
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley
Leon McKenzie-McKay
John Scouller

In addition to that, Cascoe, Daley & Leon might have some new players to bring along if necessary, including one of Leon's younger brothers. (Not the one who was on Arsenal's books though ?).

Martin Cruickshank & Lee King have both been left out for the time being because they owe too much money, but hopefully that situation will change at some stage.

Alan Barnard and Younes Jouied are both away and unavailable for this match.

Re: Squad for J-Gaia Pre-Season Friendly (Sunday 11th August)

Additional players that can now be added to this list are:
Matt Nicol (A central defender...ex-Brighton Uni First Team)
Si Allen (Daley & Cascoe's mate who played 7-a-side the other night).
Marc May (Left-sided midfielder)
Leon's 17-year-old brother (Don't know his name or where he plays yet).
Adam Krstic (I forgot about him !...although he might still be on holiday ?)

The first two are definitely available if needed. Not sure about Marc May, Leon's brother and Adam at the moment, but it looks like we could have as many as 25 players to choose from including Lee & Martin.

As far as myself and Trevor are concerned, the following 16 players are all 'definitely' available because they have either notified us verbally at the last match they attended (Sunday v Inter Trac or Monday at 7-a-side), they have clicked 'Yes' on Teamer, they have texted or e-mailed, or the players bringing them along have confirmed they are available...
Garry Cover (GK)
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
George Stahlmann
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Ben Keating
Ollie Blake
Jack Tompkins
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley
John Scouller
Si Allen
Matt Nicol
Martin Cruickshank

The following players either said they would 'let us know' (but haven't yet) or just haven't been in touch at all...
Ivan Bass
Krishan Singh
'Brendon' (Mate of Krishan's)
Joe Godfrey (Mate of Ben's)
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Lee King
Adam Krstic
Marc May
Leon's brother

If any of the above 9 players definitely want to play this Sunday, then they MUST let myself or Trevor know by 10.00.p.m. on Friday night.
If they don't, then they will be left out and they can play 7-a-side on Monday night instead.

Also, one or two other things...

- If you are bringing a new player along and they do not pay their £7.00 match subs to Trevor on the day because you have forgotten to tell them that they have to pay to play for us, then that money will be added on to your own subs owed...and if you then go over the £25.00 limit because of that, you will then be dropped !

- If all new players could please bring a passport photo so that I can get them registered to play in League matches. We only have this Sunday and the following Sunday left in which to do that before our first League game of the season.

- Also, for this match I am going to need at least two, possibly three players to make sure they are there at 9.30.a.m. at the latest for this match to help me carry things from the car over to Pitch Two (which is 'miles' away) and help put the nets up and the corner flags in. It would be useful if George is one of them so that we don't have to bring a ladder !
Trevor also needs to get there at 9.30 this time (instead of eating his big fry-up breakfast ) so that I can get the kit, etc. out of my car and leave it with him outside the changing rooms for other players to arrive.

Players who put the nets up will not be ordered to take them down after the match. Players who turn up late will be doing that as 'punishment' !

Danny Hagan is now out until the 8th September with a broken hand (in a cast).

Lexton has now dropped out as well. Babysitting.
He can play 7-a-side on Monday though.

Ben did send me a text to say that Joe Godfrey is definitely playing.

I am meeting Jack at 9.15 so I will try to get there by 9.30.

Just a warning to everyone that I will be out filming, driving & editing tomorrow (Saturday) from mid-day until midnight, so if anybody phones, texts or e-mails me between that time, I won't be able to do anything about it.

Please contact Trevor on 07894 961484 between those times tomorrow if you have to drop out or if you are not in the initial 16 at the moment but want to play.

Matt Nicol, one of the prospective new players, has just dropped out due to other commitments, but if Joe Godrey is playing, we will still have 16 anyway...if everybody turns up.
(So that's 5 substitutions at Half-Time, then a further five with 20 mins to go, then everybody gets at least 45 mins).

Hagan is playing now.