THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website Updates

I have just completed loads of updates to the website in preparation for the new season.

Firstly, I have done a new Chairman's Blog here which I'm sure you will all find interesting !?

The Latest Club News page is also now completely up-to-date with things that are going on, while I have also updated the Player Profiles for the coming season.
You will notice that I have left a few players on the Player Profiles who we hope will still sign up and play this season, but if they don't get in touch by the time of our first League match on the 1st September, I will then take them off, and in some cases (if they have played approx 100 matches or more), I will put them in the 'Greats Of The Past' section instead.
New players for this season will be added to the Player Profiles as soon as they sign up and when I remember to take a mugshot of them in a green & black shirt ! Can somebody please remind me to do that on Sunday for ALL of our players ?! I keep forgetting.

The Forthcoming Fixtures, Management Committee and Club Information pages are also now completely up-to-date.

If you are wondering where everything has gone from last season, you will find it all in the Archive Section (under 'The Past' main heading) by clicking on Season 2012-2013.
For Waltham Sunday League tables from previous seasons which show all divisions, you can find them as links to PDF documents at the bottom of the Current Waltham League Tables page. If you need more detail from those past League tables though, you will have to go into the League's Full-Time site and mess about with their drop-down menus.

The Archive Section on our club website only has details from the past three seasons at the moment. I would love to be able to fill in the info for other seasons but it is a massive job and I am not sure whether I will ever get it done. I have some hilarious photos and other memorabilia from our early days to put on there, but unfortunately I just don't have the time.

One other page that needs updating is the Links Page. I will be doing that towards the end of August as several of those links will be changing at around that time when various Leagues finally update their websites for the new season. A lot of the club website and club Twitter links also need updating. There are a lot of Twitter links to add.

I will keep you all informed on here when any major updates are done.

Don't forget to click the refresh button on your browser if the updates I have mentioned above are not displaying.

Re: Website Updates

The Links Page has now been updated for Season 2013-2014.
There are loads of teams in our League who do not have club websites, Facebook pages or Twitter feeds, but others like ourselves are very much on the ball with that sort of thing. I don't bother with a Facebook page for the club though, as our website and Forum does the job.

I have also added links at the bottom of this page for the County Cup draws involving teams in our League this season.
We are in the London FA Sunday Junior Cup again, which is why that one is highlighted.
I will also add in links on that page for our League Cup draws once they have been made. I have no idea why they are not on Full-Time yet. They are normally drawn in mid-August. Maybe the League have scrapped them because of a lack of teams !!!?

The Player Profiles page has also been updated again to include our new signings so far. I have removed a number of players from last season who have disappeared/retired/not registered for this season, and four of them in Tim Beeden, Martin Loveday, Simon Jackson & Tony King will be added to the Greats Of The Past section in due course for playing over 100 matches for us (or near enough).

Re: Website Updates

New Chairman's Blog now online here: http://www.edmontonrovers.co.uk/chairmansblogs.html