THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Next 7-a-side Match - Monday 5th August

The third of our four 'Champions' League matches takes place this coming Monday night against Diablos. (9.00.p.m. Kick-Off.)
Both ourselves and Diablos have lost our first two matches and basically, whoever loses this game will probably finish bottom of the table.

The squad for this match will be picked straight after our Pre-Season Friendly against Inter Trac the day before.
I propose that anybody who is unavailable (or not picked) for the Inter Trac match should play in this game (if they are available for a 9.00.p.m. Kick-Off), then if we need more players, we pick those who are the 'least knackered' from the Inter Trac game. We cannot win the 'Champions' League now, so we should use our two remaining games for fitness and to look at new players.
It's up to Trev though.

Re: Next 7-a-side Match - Monday 5th August

We have a squad of 7 for this match at the moment as follows:
Garry Cover (GK)
Alan Barnard
Ivan Bass
George Stahlmann
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Ollie Blake

In addition to the 7 players listed above, we also need a forward to make the squad up to 8...we don't want 9 for this match as because of our two defeats in our first two 'Champions' League matches, it is now a fitness exercise as opposed to us being in contention to win the League !
However, Daniel Daley is working, Jack Bangs owes too much subs and wants to save some money, John Scouller wants to go down the gym , and George's mate Jack Tompkins (who played up front against Inter Trac this morning) is unavailable (I think ?).
I believe Lexton Harrison is also not keen on playing in this match for some reason, so if anybody else is about who can play up front, please let myself or Trevor know asap so that John, Lexton and Jack (Bangs) can have a 'night off'.

Martin Cruickshank has been in touch this evening asking to play, but I'm not sure if Trevor will allow that unless he clears a lot of money off his backlog. I have told Martin to phone him. (Not up to me).

Laurence Hughes
Martin Cruickshank has been in touch this evening asking to play, but I'm not sure if Trevor will allow that unless he clears a lot of money off his backlog. I have told Martin to phone him. (Not up to me).

Trev says Martin can play tonight as our 8th player as long as he pays at least £10.00.
I am just waiting for a reply from Martin as to whether he can afford that or not.

Martin says he will let me know...but I don't know when.

Also, we have no goalkeeper for tonight now as Garry has a 'sore shoulder'.
Can anybody help ?

Martin is playing. I will give him a lift from Edmonton Green as Terry is not playing.
Also, Cascoe is bringing a prospective new player, Si Allen...a forward/attacking midfielder.

So...we now have a squad of 8 as follows, but with no keeper:
Alan Barnard
Ivan Bass
George Stahlmann
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Ollie Blake
Martin Cruickshank
Si Allen

Personally, I think as they all played full matches yesterday, two out of Barney, Hagan & George should go in goal for half a match each, or all three of them take a turn for 15-20 minutes each. That's what other teams quite often do. Up to Trev though.

Certainly can't go in goal...ill show you my hand when I get there. Swollen up like a boxing glove.

I can go in goal if needed. Let me now ASAP.

Trev has confirmed that he wants Jacko in goal as he would rather have a squad of 9 with a keeper than a squad of 8 without a keeper.
So all sorted now.

Ollie has dropped out through illness, so we are back down to 8 now...which is fine as long as nobody else drops out.

I was going to come to watch , shal I bring my boots and stuff?

Anybody who comes to watch should always bring their boots !
This is Edmonton Rovers !