THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pre-Season Friendlies

As you will already know from the Forthcoming Fixtures page, we are playing Inter Trac in our first Pre-Season Friendly next Sunday (4th August).

I have now also arranged a Pre-Season Friendly against Lea Valley Royals for Sunday 18th August. 10.30.a.m. Kick-Off on Pitch Two at Enfield Playing Fields.

We also have Pitch 2 at Enfield Playing Fields booked for Sunday 11th August and I am still looking for opponents for that one.
We do not want to play teams who we are going to be playing in Division One this season and we do not want to play teams who we have played loads of times during the past 3 or 4 seasons (e.g. Flamstead End, Enfield Crusaders, FC Alpha, etc.) as that is boring (in my opinion).
We must play against Premier Division-standard opponents though, preferably from other Leagues, because new players will need to be properly tested to see that they are good enough to play against the likes of The Sheaf, etc. in our division next season.
If anybody knows a good-standard Sunday team who can play us on the 11th, please put them in touch with me asap. I need to get it sorted before we play Inter Trac this coming Sunday.

Re: Pre-Season Friendlies

Just letting you know Lau - I'm not around on the 1st of September.....

Re: Pre-Season Friendlies

Friendly for Sunday 11th August (at Enfield Playing Fields) now sorted.

We are playing J-Gaia, a Japanese team from the Premier Division of the West End AFA Sunday League.
They may not be as good as the other two teams we are playing in Pre-Season, but I thought their players' names would be a good test for our trainee commentators.

Full details will be on the Forthcoming Fixtures page either later today or tomorrow.