Our next 7-a-side 'Champions' League match this coming Monday (29th July) is another 8.00.p.m. Kick-Off (against Broomfield), and unlike our first match against 1664 last night, we appear to have way too many players available for selection this time...if we include Younes Jouied, Lee King & Martin Cruickshank, all of whom played their first matches of the Summer last night and played well (in my opinion).
I think we only lost because 1664 had two subs to our one, and in the 90-degree heat that made a big difference.
Regarding the goalkeeping situation, John was unable to get 'Lewis' along again last night and we agreed afterwards that it is probably best that we look somewhere else for a new goalkeeper as it appears that Lewis has too many family things going on at the moment. Garry played in goal again last night but he would rather play as an outfield player and we need a proper keeper for 11-a-side. I will be chasing up a hopeful contact before we play this match.
So...as I see it at the moment, Trevor is going to have to somehow decide on a squad of 9 for this match from the following players who I am guessing are all available:
...and although they are now working evenings/nights or just haven't been about lately, Daniel Daley, George Stahlmann, Ben Keating & Rafiel Johnson might be available as well for all I know !
Also, if you are wondering why the Monday Night Champions League table is not displaying on this page on our website...so am I !
I have e-mailed Barney the HTML code, so hopefully he can work out from that what I am doing wrong. Embedding tables from the Southgate Hockey Centre's Fixtures Live thing is a nightmare. It's much easier to do with feeds from Full-Time. Shame the SHC do not use that.
As a last resort..... I could help you out on monday. See what you can do., and if your missing let me know ....,
what about that other keeper who played 7 a side laurence said he was good. was it adam?
The squad (of 9) for the Broomfield match on Monday night is as follows (subject to availability):
Garry Cover (GK)
If anybody drops out, the first-choice replacement will be Terry Moore.
Other players who are available have been left out (at the moment) either because they are not fit enough to play against a team like Broomfield (as was proved last time !), they are working (e.g. Daley), or they owe too much money.
Players left out of this match will all get a chance to play either in our Pre-Season Friendly on Sunday 4th August or in our 7-a-side League match the day after.
As for the goalkeeping situation, we are hoping to get a new goalkeeper from a goalkeeping coaching school to play in our 11-a-side Pre-Season Friendlies, but nobody from that school is available for this match.
I have put Garry in goal for the time being because he played in goal last Monday. It is up to Trev if he wants to change that and put either Adam Griffin, Simon Jackson or 'Lewis' in instead.
Here's the situation at the moment (Sunday evening)...
Leon has dropped out but Ben Keating is available as he is not working tomorrow, so we have put him in instead.
Lexton, Krishan, Younes & Garry have not yet confirmed their availability.
I have texted Lexton about three times over the past four days and he is not replying, so I presume he has lost his phone !
I have spoken to Trevor this evening and we agree to give Lexton up to 10.00.p.m. tonight to confirm his availability. If he doesn't, then Terry Moore will be called up to take his place instead.
I haven't bothered texting Garry as he always turns up, although it would help if he just clicked 'Yes' on Teamer !
Krishan and Younes are not replying to texts though. They never do until after 5.00.p.m. on the day of the match because Krishan doesn't know how he will be fixed for work. Trevor is happy to just take a risk that they won't drop out.
If they do, Ben says he has a mate who is a very good player and wants to play/join us, but Trev says he would rather see him in a Pre-Season Friendly than throw him in against Broomfield. He would rather call up Daniel Cascoe, Adam Krstic or John Scouller if Krishan or Younes drop out. Hopefully two of those three will be available at the last minute if neither Krishan or Younes get in touch to confirm their availability.
...and the current weather forecast for 8.00.p.m. on Monday night ? 'Violent' thunderstorms, 90% humidity and gale-force winds. Great.
Lexton and Krishan are both o.k.
Younes won't know until tomorrow afternoon due to work.
Still waiting for Garry to confirm.
Garry is o.k. to play (in goal).
Still waiting for Younes to confirm. If he can't play, just to confirm that Terry Moore will be the first-choice replacement.
Younes says he 'should be' there.