THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for 7-a-Side - Monday 22nd July

This coming Monday (22nd July) sees us play our first 'Champions'/Cup League match of four against 1664, who we beat 5-4 in the Qualifying Group. It is an 8.00.p.m. Kick-Off.

We have some key players unavailable, including Alan Barnard, Jack Bangs, George Stahlmann & Daniel Daley, while Leon McKenzie-McKay, Rafiel Johnson and Ben Keating were not at last night's AGM, so we assume they are not available either.
However, Krishan Singh and Younes Jouied are available, so Trevor has named them in a squad of 9 as follows:
A Keeper !
Garry Cover
Lexton Harrison
Ivan Bass
Terry Moore
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Krishan Singh
Younes Jouied

Regarding the goalkeeping position, if John Scouller's work colleague Lewis is available, then he will play in goal, but it's likely that we won't know until during the day on Monday when John sees him at work. If Lewis cannot play, then we will try to call up Adam Griffin if it is not too short notice for him. Garry Cover will play in goal if both Lewis and 'Griff' cannot play.

If any outfield players drop out, then either Leon, Raf or Ben will come in to replace them if any of those three get in touch to say they are available...and if they don't, then Adam Krstic can play.
As far as I know, John Scouller will be coming along as well and he can play if we are short. Trevor explained at the AGM last night that he cannot play players in these four remaining 7-a-side matches against quality opposition if they are not fit enough.

Re: Squad for 7-a-Side - Monday 22nd July

Just a warning that Teamer is not working at the moment.
I am therefore just going to have to hope that those who were at the AGM remember that they are in the squad.

As regards those who were not at the AGM, I will phone and speak to Ivan, John (re Lewis) and Krishan (re him and Younes) during the day. If they are busy working or trying to get some sleep, tough sh!t. (Decided at the AGM by the way).

Just a warning that we won't know until after 4.00.p.m. and in some cases until the 'last minute' if Ivan, Cascoe, Lewis, Krishan & Younes are playing. Various things have apparently cropped up.

We only have two definite players at the moment...Terry Moore & Hagan, as Garry & Lex never use Teamer. I think Lex said at the AGM that he might be late, so there is a very strong possibility that we will have only four players there at the kick-off including me and Garry...in which case we would have to concede the match as the minimum is five.

I'm really not sure what to do at the moment.

Krishan said he will be there and Younes should be there.

Here's the latest (at 6.15.p.m.)...

Cascoe might not be playing because he has had to take somebody to hospital (I think ?), while Ivan said he would let me know if he could play or not but he hasn't got back to me.
John has heard nothing from Lewis yet, but I suspect they are both stuck on the M25 as it is shut yet again, this time due to a fire in Dancers Hill Road near the A111.

Daley phoned and said Lee King and Martin Cruickshank are interested in playing again (as discussed at the AGM), so I have called them both up and Terry is giving them a lift.
I can't really call up Adam Griffin to go in goal because we might end up with too many, so the likely squad at the moment is as follows:
Garry Cover (GK)
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
(Probably after the Kick-Off )
Danny Hagan
Martin Cruickshank
Lee King
Krishan Singh
Younes Jouied

If one out of Lewis, Cascoe or Ivan turn up to make a squad of 9, then that's a bonus.
If none of those three turn up, somebody else drops out and we only have a bare seven, myself and John will take it in turns coming on as a sub, although personally I would rather not in this heat !