THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Midweek Training Sessions During The Season

The SHC have just informed me that they may have an 8.00.-9.00.p.m. slot available for us on Tuesday evenings this season instead of 9-10 on Wednesdays. They are asking if we are interested.

I have said yes because I am now filming for Slough Town instead of Ebbsfleet, and I think they might play their midweek Home matches on Monday or Wednesday nights because they ground-share. If they had their own ground they would be playing on Tuesday nights.

Is a Tuesday night at 8.00.p.m. inconvenient for anybody else ?

The SHC have now confirmed that we can have 8.00-9.00.p.m. on a Tuesday if we want it but I am already getting players texting me to say that is no good because they do something else, while others are saying they won't be coming training whatever time/night we have it because they now 'work nights' or do other things.

This will most definitely be brought up in my report at the AGM.
What is the point of having training at all ?
I think some harsh words and some tough decisions are going to have to be made.
The way we are going we might have to have half the team training evenings and the other half (which can include me) training during the day !!!

It was decided at the AGM last night that due to too many players having other commitments on Tuesday nights, we will continue using the Southgate Hockey Centre Astroturf on Wednesday nights between 9.00.-10.00.p.m. for 10 weeks starting from Wednesday 28th August, then we will make a further decision after that (depending on the numbers attending) as to whether to continue at the SHC or to go in a Wednesday night 5-a-side League instead.
(We have to train for 10-week periods at a time in order to have our invoice VAT-free).

I will expand on this a bit further in my next Chairman's Blog.