THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Friendly Match at 1.00.p.m. This Sunday !?

We have been offered a Pre-Season Friendly against Inter Trac (who we lost 3-0 to about 3 years ago) this coming Sunday at 1.00.p.m. at the New River in Wood Green, presumably on the 3G pitch.
Inter Trac have booked it but their original opponents cried off.

I am guessing that most of our players (and especially Trevor) will already have something else on and won't want to play in 90-degree heat at that time of day anyway, while we also have a 7-a-side League match the following night.
However, if we have enough players up for it I can get the match arranged.
I need to know by about 6.00.p.m. tomorrow (Wednesday) evening.

Please reply here or text me on 07949 128505.

Re: Friendly Match at 1.00.p.m. This Sunday !?

I definitely can't, as I'm away for the weekend.
Cheers
Barney

Yeah I can play. Could possibly get a few potential players to as well?

i would play and bring a new player or two. i think cascoe will play also.

OK. We need a goalkeeper and we need a Manager.
Once that is confirmed, I'll go ahead.

Terry Moore is not playing either due to prior commitments, Jack is on holiday and nobody else has got in touch to say they are up for it. If they haven't read their Rovers News e-mails or 'never' look at this Forum, that's their problem.
Also, Trevor has to leave before the end of the match/right on the final whistle because of family commitments, therefore leaving me to do everything.

I haven't got time to text everybody...and half of them won't bother to reply anyway, so I'm afraid we are going to have to turn this one down.

We are now going to play Inter Trac on Sunday 4th August at Cockfosters F.C. (on the main pitch). It will be an 11.30.a.m. Kick-Off though instead of 10.30.a.m.
(Not sure why).

Cue Barney saying that he will have to leave at Half-Time because he has already arranged to meet his girlfriend at 12.30.
In other words, as much as we would like all our Pre-Season Friendlies to kick-off at 10.30.a.m. so that we can go to barbecues, etc. in the afternoon, that won't necessarily be the case. We will have to take what we can get I'm afraid.

well that was a waste of time.

Daley
well that was a waste of time.

I couldn't agree more...and I will be having serious words at the AGM tomorrow night.

Do players really want me to phone and speak to them all to find out if they can play or not while they are in the middle of watching Eastenders or shagging the missus ?!

Why the fuck can't people just reply to an e-mail or post on the Forum ?
I will have to assume that half of them can't spell if they can't even be bothered to do that (or even text me).