THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for 7-a-Side - Monday 15th July

This coming Monday night (15th July) sees us playing our last Qualifying Group match against bottom team Philosphers, who have not won a match so far. We have already qualified for the Cup League, so this is just a case of giving regulars a game to maintain their fitness levels. This match is a 9.00.p.m. Kick-Off.

It was decided at training last night that those who made an effort to attend should definitely be in the squad for this match if they are available, so that means Alan Barnard, John Scouller, Jack Bangs, Lexton Harrison & Garry Cover. (Terry Moore and Ivan Bass are not available).
We therefore need another three players, but that should be up to Manager Trevor Hughes to decide. As far as I am concerned, it is up to Danny Hagan, Daniel Cascoe, Rafiel Johnson & Krishan Singh to get in touch before Friday morning and explain where they were last night. If they don't bother, or if Trevor feels their excuses were unsatisfactory, then we get others to play instead, one of whom should be Adam Krstic because at least he got in touch.

As for a goalkeeper for this match, John seemed to be saying that Lewis should be available, so if he is, we should try him out in this game as it looks unlikely that we are going to have any more Pre-Season training sessions.

The squad will be confirmed on Friday.

Re: Squad for 7-a-Side - Monday 15th July

I genuinely forgot it was on and for some reason I was adamant that it was on Wednesday.
I went to the gym anyway. I know it seems a lame excuse but that's the truth. I have no qualms with being left out of the squad for Mondays game if tinker man Trev wishes.

Trevor has named a squad of 8 as follows:
Lewis (GK)
Garry Cover
John Scouller
Alan Barnard
Lexton Harrison
Jack Bangs
Adam Krstic
Krishan Singh

We know that Garry, John, Barney, Lex & Jack are available/playing as they were at training last Monday, but we need John to confirm that Lewis is and we need Adam & Krishan to confirm by 8.00.p.m. on Sunday evening. If they don't reply on here, to the Teamer message or to my texts before then, we will call up either Danny Hagan, Daniel Cascoe or Rafiel Johnson instead. (It's up to Trev which one).

Trev wants to give others a chance to play this week as we have already qualified and we are playing the bottom team.
We then have the AGM next Friday night before we play our first Cup League game the following Monday. The policy for playing in those Cup League games will be discussed at the AGM, and if players don't turn up to that, they could well find themselves being left out of all our remaining 7-a-side matches this Summer.

I have heard nothing from Krishan. I think he just relies on a text from me to tell him he is in the squad rather than taking the automated message from Teamer, but I really can't be arsed to keep texting people for every match.

I also have no idea if Lewis is playing in goal, so at the moment we only have 6 players including John, Garry & Jack, all of whom just said last week that they were available, but don't use Teamer (or here) to confirm.
Lexton, Barney & Adam are the only players to confirm by Teamer or by texting me that they are definitely playing tonight. Lexton now has a car and will be driving, so hopefully he won't turn up 45 minutes late this time like he did last week !

If Trev wants to just risk it and play with a bare seven including me if Krishan & Lewis don't turn up, then that's up to him. I won't last 5 minutes in this heat though.

Krishan isn't playing, so I have called up Hagan to replace him.
John says he 'doesn't think' Lewis is playing. I assume John is playing himself though.

Jacko texted me offering to play in goal, but as far as I know, Adam Griffin is available if needed or Garry could go in goal so that we can give another outfield player a game. Not my decision though.

Laurence Hughes
Krishan isn't playing, so I have called up Hagan to replace him.
John says he 'doesn't think' Lewis is playing. I assume John is playing himself though.

Jacko texted me offering to play in goal, but as far as I know, Adam Griffin is available if needed or Garry could go in goal so that we can give another outfield player a game. Not my decision though.

Griffo Griffo Griffo

I think Adam Griffin should play if he is available but Jacko needs to know by 8 pm so you need to contact Adam. I would rather Garry has a game as an outfield player.