THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: League AGM News

I have just spotted that the Waltham Sunday League Constitution for Season 2013-2014 has now finally been put on the League's Full-Time website, so I have now embedded the divisions to this page here on our website: http://www.edmontonrovers.co.uk/constitution2013-2014.html

It appears that six clubs have dropped out of the League since the Constitution was announced at the League AGM back in may, and Division One is badly affected as Larsens and Rosemill appear to have folded, while Apoel appear to have changed their mind about joining our League and are presumably staying in the Barnet Sunday League. It's probably best that I don't speculate why, much as I would like to !

We now have Continental coming down from the Premier Division and Broxbourne Athletic, Cheshunt Town and The Beehive coming up into Division One from Division Three. St. Mary's and Broxbourne Saints have now gone back down to Division Two where they were last season though. I would think St. Mary's must have asked to do so ?
I have done a bit of background info on the Latest Club News page regarding the teams we will now be facing in Division One next season.

As usual, none of us Club Secretaries know what is going on, and we won't find out until the August Full Council meeting.
It is quite worrying that both the Barnet Sunday League and the East Herts Corinthian Sunday League are now bigger than the Waltham Sunday League in terms of number of teams and it's quite possible that they will overtake our League in terms of standard of football within the next few years as well if the current trend continues.

...and another one gone now !
The latest to drop out are a new team in Division Three...which means there are now no new teams joining the League at all !

...and another one's gone. Turnford Rangers this time (leaving Division Two down to 9 teams).

Fortunately, it looks as if all 10 in Division One are well-run clubs, so hopefully we will be o.k. and have a decent number of fixtures this season.