THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Summer 7-a-side League at the Southgate Hockey Centre

The Summer 7-a-side Leagues and Fixtures have now finally appeared on the Southgate Hockey Centre website.

There are 10 teams in the Monday Night League including ourselves and our first match next Monday (13th May) is an 8.00.p.m. Kick-Off against K & M Old Boys.
It says the League will be in two stages, so it's back to the old 'Champions League' for the top five and 'Nearly Champions League' for the bottom five after everybody has played each other once.
I notice that Broomfield's First XI are in it, so we will be playing against Frazer John rather than him playing for us ? Is that correct, Mr. Scouller ?
No sign of Pat's Boys (unless they have changed their name), but Jack says he will be playing for us anyway. Don't know about Riaz though.

Interestingly, there are only 6 teams in the Thursday Night League at the moment, so in theory we could put a team in at short notice to make up the numbers, especially as it starts this coming Thursday (9th May) with an even number of teams. We would then be the odd team out this week and start next Thursday (16th) instead.
However, I am not going to make that decision myself. It needs to be debated here first. In addition to whether we have got enough players, it would also involve using old jade kit and somebody else keeping it and washing it. I will bring the new Adidas shirts for Monday Night matches.