THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Away to Larsens in Midweek (Weds. 1st May)

We are playing a midweek match Away to Larsens at Larsens Rec in Waltham Abbey in 10 days time (on Wednesday 1st May). It is a 6.30.p.m. Kick-Off.

Obviously we are going to have players saying they cannot get there from work or cannot get off work (for those who work evenings/nights like George & Raf for example). Please let us know NOW if that is the case so that we can ask other registered players to play.

Larsens lost 3-2 to Enfield Crusaders today which means their season will be 'dead' by the time they play this match, especially as the League Senior Cup Final in which they are participating is being played before this match and the highest they can finish in Division One is now only third.
It is therefore possible that they may 'non-fulfil' this fixture themselves or field a 'muckabout' side (which they have done before against us in a dead end-of-season match), but for the time being we need to concentrate on fielding a side ourselves just in case.

Once again, players will be texted during the next few days so that we can check on their availability. We will probably name the squad on the Monday before the match.

Re: Away to Larsens in Midweek (Weds. 1st May)

Im available

Lol

What's the likelyhood of this match going ahead.
Any info coming out of Larsens?
You said you think they may non fulfil?

coach
Lol

What's the likelyhood of this match going ahead.
Any info coming out of Larsens?
You said you think they may non fulfil?

Who the hell is Coach ? We haven't got a Coach !

The Larsens Secretary hasn't phoned to confirm the match yet. I think the League rules for midweek matches are that the Home team have to confirm by the Monday preceding the match. I will find out the likelihood of the game being on when he does so.

There are a lot of teams non-fulfilling midweek matches already though.

I have just been notified that this match will now be taking place at Town Mead in Waltham Abbey instead of Larsens Rec because the Larsens Rec changing rooms are being used by that 'Treehouse Nursery' that evening.

Town Mead is slightly easier to get to. It's down the bottom of Brooker Road which is opposite Waltham Abbey FC.
It's a dead straight route coming down Sewardstone Road from Chingford, or by turning left at the lights from that road that leads from Southbury Road where the sheep graze next to the reservoirs.

I will update the Forthcoming Fixtures page on the website tomorrow (Sunday) evening.

Trevor has named a squad of 15 for this match as follows:
Garry Cover (GK)
Alan Barnard
Lexton Harrison
Ivan Bass
Terry Moore
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Daniel Cascoe
Danny Hagan
Ben Keating
Krishan Singh
John Scouller
Rafiel Johnson
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley
Frazer John

However, TJ & Krishan did not turn up for our last match (against Turnford Geese), while Ben & Raf won't know until the day of the match if they can play or not (because of work). We are also relying heavily on Ivan and Frazer to play when they have both only played one match all season for us. Frazer is apparently keen to play, but Ivan has not yet confirmed that he can get off work (and/or babysitting duties).
With Riaz Daniels, George Stahlmann, Younes Jouied & Gavin Mardell all definitely unavailable, it is quite possible that we might end up playing with only 10 men (or less) here. Putting Tim Beeden in goal (if he is available) and Garry on pitch is an option though.
All other registered players have left the club/disappeared.

As for travel to the venue, I think Hagan is picking up Terry. If Ivan is playing, I would guess he will pick up Lexton and John will pick up Frazer.
I don't know who is giving Jack or Daley a lift at the moment, so that will need to be sorted out.

Larsens won the League Senior Cup Final today, beating Enfield Rangers 3-2.
I have no idea at the moment whether they are up for this 'anti-climax' of a game or not !

Unfortunately there is no way I will be able to get out of work early on Wednesday if I was required

Ivan says he is playing and will pick up Lexton en route, but he doesn't finish work until 5.30.p.m.
Did somebody say he works at Oakwood station ? If so, I can't see him getting right across Enfield and over to Waltham Abbey in less than an hour from there in the rush hour. Let's hope the Ref can delay the kick-off.

I have texted Ben & Raf to see if they are playing, but I have not had a reply yet.

Also, I still have no idea if anybody is picking up Jack and/or Daley.

So how many is that?

Ive done that oakwood to abbey route before at that time. Nightmare traffic.

Gazza
So how many is that?

Ive done that oakwood to abbey route before at that time. Nightmare traffic.

Absolutely. It will take an hour just to get from Enfield Chace Station to Nags Head Road, let alone from Oakwood !

Ben is playing, but John has just texted to say that Frazer is injured.
I still haven't heard from Raf.

I am not chasing up TJ and Krishan. 'Somebody else' can do that. I don't know why Trev has bothered putting them in the squad. TJ works in the City until about 8.00.p.m. every night, so there's no way he is going to play.

If everybody turns up who at the moment is supposed to be playing, we will have a bare eleven. If Raf and/or Krishan can play, then that's a bonus and it will cover us for anybody turning up after the kick-off.

Trev gave Jack a lift home on Sunday, but I don't know what arrangements he made with him regarding a lift for this match. Trev is working in Tottenham tomorrow and either going straight to Waltham Abbey from there or coming round to mine first. It would be stupid if Jack is just left sitting at home in Hadley Wood while we play with 10 men.

...and by the way, this is exactly why I have only entered one team in the 7-a-side League this Summer !

My friend is going to bring me

Raf says he is playing as he has arranged to go into work an hour later. (He works evenings/nights).
He didn't say how he was getting there though...and now I think he has gone to sleep for the day !?

Is there a postcode?

Jack...postcode is EN9 1JU, but I think that covers the whole of the Brooker Road Industrial Estate. Finding the entrance in that estate to the Town Mead Leisure Centre car park is not easy and you will probably need to refer to the directions I have given on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.
Phone me on 07949 128505 if you get lost when you get there.

It is now unlikely that Hagan will be playing tonight as he has had to go to work in Sidcup (Kent) today.

Hagan had arranged to give Terry a lift, so Terry is now going to get a train to Waltham Cross Station and try and walk to Town Mead or get a cab there.
If anybody is going past Waltham Cross Station and can pick Terry up, please let him know. I don't know what time the train he is planning on getting arrives.

I have tried contacting Martin Cruickshank to see if he can play...free of charge if he still has no money. I am getting no answer, so I would guess that he now has a job...which will probably mean that he won't be able to play because he will be working.

I have a nasty feeling that I am going to end up playing tonight.

More problems
I hear from a colleague that there is major traffic issues on sewardstone
All the way to waltham abbey with filter traffic lights taking 30 to 45 mins to get through at peak times.
Its gonna be a nightmare no way we get there for 6 30. Ref wont hang around.
If you finish at 5 30 or after like me it will be mission to get there in time

gazza
More problems
I hear from a colleague that there is major traffic issues on sewardstone
All the way to waltham abbey with filter traffic lights taking 30 to 45 mins to get through at peak times.
Its gonna be a nightmare no way we get there for 6 30. Ref wont hang around.
If you finish at 5 30 or after like me it will be mission to get there in time

Have just checked online and that is correct. Major snarl-up down Sewardstone Road.

We will just have to hope our players know another way to get there. Could just be a case of following signs to Waltham Abbey from wherever they are and looking for the brown signs saying Town Mead Leisure Centre.