THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
video notes

should change the name of video notes to slaughter scouller weekly!!! honestly im getting annoyed with getting abused week in week out, how the hell can you say stupid things like you do? if we played against someone else i would have lost the ball with the turn i did,or i bottled the header!!! i was told to mark man for man like i did last time against crusaders. i never heard krishan and younes talking about going to another league let alone make a comment,im not frightened to play against anyone in this league i believe i can hold my own fair enough im not fit enough at the minute,I know im not the only one who is wound up with the crap you write maybe confidence is low cos people are worried about getting the piss being ripped out of them on the video notes.perhaps this is why people walk away from rovers

Re: video notes

Who the hell told you to mark man-for-man ?!!!
I'll be putting a stop to that this Sunday for sure...and you will be playing because you are miles better than me in the air !
We don't change things that have been working for us for the last 20 years just because Trev isn't there.

If you were not party to the conversation when Krishan & Younes asked if we could play in a weaker League (so that we don't keep getting thrashed like this), then I apologise, but I did put a question mark in the video notes because I wasn't sure if it was you who agreed with them. Somebody did, but what's the problem with that ? It was a valid question they made and it is something that the Management Committee have discussed anyway. Not joining another League, but certainly not complaining if the Waltham League relegated us to Division Two at the end of this season...if our players think that would be better for us.

I don't agree that confidence is low because players are worried about making fools of themselves on video and then being criticised for it in my notes. Confidence is low because other teams are better than us and we don't have a proper goalkeeper at the moment. We could also do with Terry & Riaz playing again.

I can assure you that nobody has left the club this season because of what I have put in the video notes. They have left because of off-the-field matters that are nothing to do with us. However, I agree that players have certainly left in previous seasons because they don't like my video analysis, but they would also have left if we had a Manager verbally tearing into them on the final whistle after a defeat like that. That's what happens at other clubs. We do it a different way...in writing.

I can have a verbal rant in front of everybody if we get thrashed again against Rosemill this Sunday if that's what our players would prefer, but believe me, it will end up with me having a punch-up with somebody !
Just ask some of our ex-players.

I am having a lovely holiday apart from reading the Rovers' results.

It is a very difficult time with the manager away, key players injured and Jacko leaving for an unknown reason. The video notes are an accurate reflection of what happens. Laurence is entitled to his opinion as is everyone else. If players don't like what happened they can do something about it on the pitch in the next game. If you disagree with Laurence's opinion then tell him.

Good luck against Rosemill. We are not marking man to man whether I am there or not.

I told John to mark their centre back,Irish, man for man as it worked in the 2-1 defeat. Every time he went up for a header John just blocked his run. Experience.....

Terry
I told John to mark their centre back,Irish, man for man as it worked in the 2-1 defeat. Every time he went up for a header John just blocked his run. Experience.....

O.K. Correction to the Video Notes then.
Their 6th goal last week was Terry's fault.

I have just had Daley blowing his top at the video notes as well, and that will need to be sorted out tomorrow as to what actually happened.
If people would tell me about any 'problems' or tactical changes that went on in the match, then I wouldn't have to guess from the video footage, would I ?

There was a lot more we should have done that worked well in the 2-1 game. I can see a punch up coming. Hopefully everyone will be getting there early so everyone gets their say and tactics get sorted.

I have already arranged a punch-up with Daley tomorrow...although I have calmed down a bit now, so hopefully we can just have a chat to sort out these problems instead !
It was 'cos he texted me while I was filming Ebbsfleet this afternoon, so I was trying to concentrate on that and got a bit wound up. Apologies.

Garry...I agree with you 100% that if players all got there early it would help so much.

If Terry told John to mark man for man and they scored I see that as another reason zonal marking is better. If John was in the zone where the scorer headed the ball he would have stopped him. The man he was marking was presumably nowhere near the ball.

Good luck tomorrow.