THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
St. Mary's Folding Up Rumours !?

I am hearing rumours that St. Mary's are folding up at the end of this season.
Smithy ? Terry Brown ? What's going on ? Can you confirm ?

The reason I hope that is not true is because the next team on the waiting list to share Pitch One at Hazelwood with us (if St. Mary's fold up) are Omonia Youth (Under-16's at the moment but Under-17's/16's next season). They currently use Pitch Two, which of course gets badly waterlogged because of the big dip in the middle of it.
Because Omonia Youth play in a different League, that will mean we can only use the pitch strictly on alternate Sundays as per listed on the permit, and that will then result in us having a lot more weeks without a game and having to play Double-Headers and midweek matches at the end of the season.

I know that FC Alpha and Enfield Crusaders (and probably numerous other teams in our League) would both like to share Pitch One with us, but unfortunately I can't see Enfield Council allowing them to leapfrog a team who already plays at Hazelwood (so that Pitch One is kept for Waltham League teams only, thereby allowing the Fixture Secretary to swap Home games around).
For our sake, let's hope St. Mary's carry on as long as possible.

Re: St. Mary's Folding Up Rumours !?

Tell them to get more players Lol.
Or suggest they are rovers B team in disguise
Speak to them.