THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Next Match - Home to Rosemill (24th March)

This coming Sunday we are at Home to Rosemill in a Division One match at Hazelwood.
They are now well clear of relegation, but this game will still probably be a bit of a 'lively' one bearing in mind what happened when we played them in the first game of the season (and the subsequent allegations afterwards...which I would rather not highlight, although they are still on this Forum somewhere). I have made sure that the League have appointed a strong Referee 'just in case'.

Manager Trevor Hughes will still be on holiday, but hopefully Terry Moore will have recovered from illness in time to take over as Caretaker for this match.
Terry won't be able to play due to the broken ribs he initially suffered against Rosemill in that first match of the season, but hopefully we will have Garry Cover (GK), Danny Hagan, Ben Keating and Ali 'TJ' Sowe all returning after they missed the 7-1 defeat to Enfield Rangers on Sunday.
This will also be Lexton Harrison's 200th match for the club...Reserve Team appearances included. Well done to him if he plays.

As usual, the squad will be announced after training on Wednesday night.
I am guessing that Hagan will not be attending that as it is his birthday, but hopefully everybody else will make an effort ? There is no football on TV whatsoever on Wednesday this week.

Re: Next Match - Home to Rosemill (24th March)

Only 10 at training last night (including myself), but we still had a good session. The others there were Barney, Scouller, Krishan, Younes, Raf, TJ, Jack, Lexton & Darryl Johnson.

For those of our newer players this season who don't know him, Darryl was one of our two goalkeepers (along with Jacko) for a 10-year period until he decided to retire a season and a half ago due to a knee injury. With Jacko having now decided to retire with immediate effect (for reasons best known to himself), Darryl has agreed to come out of retirement to help us out for the rest of the season. However, that is only if the League allow us to register him (as the deadline has now passed, but they may give us special dispensation), and if Garry Cover doesn't want to go in goal himself. Obviously Darryl's knee is not 100% and he cannot take goal-kicks. Unfortunately Garry wasn't at training last night because of work, but he will be in goal this Sunday because we cannot get Darryl registered in time for that. Darryl says he doesn't mind if Garry wants to go in goal for our three remaining matches after this one, but obviously we need Darryl to play if Garry is working at Spurs...which he probably will be for the Everton match on the 7th April. Darryl will be coming along to watch this Sunday, so we will sort things out there. I have given up on Loveday ever playing for us again, while Tim Beeden will be at Gavin Mardell's wedding for the 7th April.

I have no idea where Cascoe and Daley were for training last night, but everybody else was either there or had excuses for missing the session. Nevertheless, I have named both of them in the squad (of 15) for this Sunday, which is as follows:
Garry Cover (GK)
Alan Barnard
Lexton Harrison
George Stahlmann
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Daniel Cascoe
Danny Hagan
Krishan Singh
Younes Jouied
Ben Keating
Riaz Daniels
Rafiel Johnson
John Scouller
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley

Terry Moore will also be there this week as Caretaker Manager. He still cannot play due to his rib injury.

As for the current weather forecast, it is going to be extremely cold and windy, but just above freezing and dry (in the London area). Heavy snow elsewhere though.

Here's the situation at the moment...

There is currently very little snow in Edmonton (as at mid-day on Saturday), and what there is is melting rapidly. I would expect that to be the same at Hazelwood (in Palmers Green) and I would expect Broomfield to be playing over there this afternoon as the ground is not frozen and they can see the lines clearly.

It is not supposed to rain or snow much for the rest of today and overnight, so it shouldn't get called off waterlogged by Enfield Council in the morning.
However, the temperature for North London tonight is supposed to hover around freezing/-1C and then only go up to 1C during the day, so that will mean it is up to the Referee when we get there as to whether the pitch is frozen or not...and of course that will mean that some of our players might just take a risk that it is, stay at home and Rosemill will get the points.
All I can do is just text players when I get there to open up in the morning and give them my opinion of whether we will be playing or not.

Obviously if there is a covering of snow in Edmonton/Palmers Green when we wake up in the morning, then the game could be called off between myself, the Referee & Rosemill by phone before anybody travels, but it doesn't look as if that will be the scenario at the moment.

Another possibility is that if there is thick snow in Cheshunt...which I guess there probably is at the moment ?...the League will send out a text to everybody this afternoon calling all games off (because they won't know that the snow has melted in Edmonton/Palmers Green). It has been known before.

I will keep you all updated on here and on Twitter if I hear any more.

GAME OFF !

Waterlogged Pitch. Called off by Enfield Council (along with all other pitches in the Borough) at 3.00.p.m. on Saturday afternoon. No games were played today either.
Not surprising when you look at this picture I just took: https://twitter.com/edmontonrovers/status/315492957073600512/photo/1

Next match is Home to Enfield Crusaders next Sunday (Easter Sunday)...as long as somebody gets a roller out on that pitch !

I am pleased it is off as it is one game less that I am missing.

It is 31 C here today with no sign of rain or snow!