THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Goalkeeping Situation

For this morning's Cup Quarter-Final against Enfield Rangers, Jacko let us down again with a Saturday afternoon/evening/Sunday morning cry-off for the 6th time this season and he has now decided to call it a day as far as playing for Rovers is concerned.
There'll be more on that in my next Chairman's Blog and no, I won't be speculating as to the reason(s) why.

We have three other registered players who are capable of playing in goal, namely Martin Loveday, Tim Beeden & Garry Cover.
Loveday & Tim now seem to have social commitments every Saturday night/Sunday morning though, while Garry works as a steward at Spurs, which was why he had to drop out for this morning's match, therefore leaving us without a goalkeeper and subsequently suffering a 7-1 defeat. I don't understand why Garry did not know that Spurs v. Fulham was a 3.00.p.m. Kick-Off until they called him on Saturday night telling him to come into work earlier than normal the following day. When Spurs kick-off at 4.00.p.m. on a Sunday, he has time to play for us in the mornings. If Garry had told us earlier in the week, then Loveday could have been put on standby to go in goal.

Bearing in mind Jacko's departure and Garry working at Spurs, I have therefore asked the League to use up our one allowable release date on Sunday 21st April, which is when Spurs are at Home to Man City with a 1.30.p.m. Kick-Off.
The problem is, Spurs are at Home to Everton at 2.05.p.m. on Sunday 7th April, so Rovers will have no goalkeeper on that date either !
They might even be at Home on other Sundays in April and early May with earlier kick-offs than 4.00.p.m. I haven't checked yet.

The prospective new goalkeeper that John Scouller brought along to training recently (Lewis) did not sign up because he didn't want to wait until the end of this season for Jacko to retire. He wanted to play now, so he has now joined another club.
George told Barney today that he has a couple of friends who are interested in joining us, one of whom can play in goal (and also defence). The problem is, the registration deadline for this season has now passed. We can get special dispensation to sign a goalkeeper if we can prove we have got problems in that area, but there is no way we can get that done in time for the Rosemill match this coming Sunday.

As for the current League table, Asco have three matches left and two of them are against Turnford Geese and Rosemill. They are more than capable of beating both of them and getting the wins they need to finish above us in the table if we lose our last four matches...which we probably will do if we do not have a 'proper' goalkeeper in any of them. We will then get relegated.

That's the situation at the moment.

Re: Goalkeeping Situation

Lol

Lot more complicated than you are making out
Depending on the game and what I have to do I can change things around or get in late as the man u game. That is not a problem.

Sorry today was one of the day's when I had to go in early. Late notice.

This week's work thing happens rarely. If it does then cant help it. Any other time it is not a problem as i can move things about. Only 1.30 KO is a problem.

If the situation ever arises where it is a 3pm kick off and as this week you stated that Jacko is 100% definately selected in goal no doubt then do i need to be late for work??? If I have a chance of getting on thats different.

I am always available and will play and miss work in certain situtations. There are certain days like today when its unavoidable I cant make it. Any other time I am available.

Whats up with Jacko?

Re: Goalkeeping Situation

Gazza
Whats up with Jacko?
Nobody has a clue.

He said he will tell Trev only...in five weeks time when Trev gets back from Australia.
He won't be explaining himself on this Forum, that's for sure.

I am 100% certain it is nothing to do with any of us. We all get on well with him and he has always been a great laugh and good for team spirit. That's what I can't understand.