THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Next Match - Away to Enfield Rangers (Senior Cup Q-F)

Our next match this coming Sunday (17th March) is Away to top Premier Division side Enfield Rangers in the Quarter-Final of the League Senior Cup.
The match is being played at the Country Club in Cheshunt, formerly known as the Tesco Country Club.
Full details are here on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

Danny Hagan (Away for the weekend) and Terry Moore (Cracked Ribs) are both unavailable, but we hope to have Simon Jackson (GK), Alan Barnard, Daniel Cascoe, George Stahlmann & Jack Bangs all back after they missed the Enfield Crusaders match, and hopefully Younes Jouied & Krishan Singh as well.
The squad will be announced on Thursday morning as usual.

This is the first of 5 matches that Manager Trevor Hughes will be missing as he goes off travelling round the world for a month ! As far as I know, Terry Moore will be Caretaker Manager, but I dare say myself and Barney will have some sort of input as well. Obviously Club Lino is going to be a massive problem though !

As for training this Wednesday, a few players said they would not be going because Bayern Munich v. Arsenal is on TV, while one or two others said they won't be attending because of knocks they took this morning. Also, the current weather forecast is for snow, and as we know, if there is even just a centimetre on the pitch, the SHC will call training off.
We will just have to play things by ear and leave a decision until Wednesday.

Re: Next Match - Away to Enfield Rangers (Senior Cup Q-F)

Laurence Hughes
As for training this Wednesday, a few players said they would not be going because Bayern Munich v. Arsenal is on TV, while one or two others said they won't be attending because of knocks they took this morning. Also, the current weather forecast is for snow, and as we know, if there is even just a centimetre on the pitch, the SHC will call training off.
We will just have to play things by ear and leave a decision until Wednesday.
Training is definitely ON tonight as far as I am concerned, especially as Arsenal are apparently fielding a weakened side because they know they are going to lose tonight !

If you are NOT going training tonight, please let me know if you have not done so already.

I'll be there - see you later on.

Considering Arsenal were on telly and surprisingly winning, we still had eleven turn up to training last night...including Krishan and Younes, who both 'sort of' assured us that they will be there this Sunday.
We therefore have a squad of 15 as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Garry Cover (GK)
Alan Barnard
Lexton Harrison
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
George Stahlmann
Ben Keating
Daniel Cascoe
Riaz Daniels
John Scouller
Krishan Singh
Younes Jouied
Rafiel Johnson
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley

Even though this is a Cup Quarter-Final, it wouldn't be a surprise if players dropped out at the last minute going by what has been happening in recent weeks, so if any other registered players are about who can play at the last minute if necessary, please let me know.
We really must have 14 players for this match in case it goes to Extra-Time.
Don't forget that Trevor is on holiday, so don't contact him.

As for lifts to the venue, John said he would pick up Ben & Lexton.
I suggest George gets a train to Winchmore Hill then gets a lift off Barney ?
He will need to get the 9:20 from Finsbury Park which arrives at Winchmore Hill at 9:33. They should both get to the Country Club from there by 10.00.
I take it Raf and TJ know how to get there...not ?

As for who is going to be Manager, I haven't got a clue at the moment.
Hopefully Terry will, but he hasn't confirmed that yet.

Laurence Hughes
As for who is going to be Manager, I haven't got a clue at the moment.
Hopefully Terry will, but he hasn't confirmed that yet.
Terry will be there as Caretaker Manager. Now confirmed.
Jacko will be in goal as he came through a 'fitness test' at training last night. Hopefully Garry will be there as well to help Terry out as an Assistant Manager/Sub keeper, then I can concentrate on filming the match.
I would prefer it if one of the subs volunteers to run the line rather than Terry or Garry though as we are going to need a lot of calling with the er 'complicated tactics' (Daley's idea) that we are going to play.

One thing that does worry me though is the weather. The forecast at the moment is for non-stop torrential rain from Friday evening onwards right through Saturday and into Sunday morning. Could well be a waterlogged pitch and a re-arrangement for Easter Sunday.

Tomorrow's game is still ON at the moment. However, the weather forecast is for more patchy rain on and off tonight, then from about 8.00.a.m. tomorrow morning it is going to absolutely chuck it down for several hours and it might even snow heavily instead !
Yes, it's one of those where we all have to turn up and wait for the groundsman and/or Ref to decide...and if we don't, then our opponents are awarded the match...if they turn up, which they will.

I have already had Jacko and Ben cry off today. Neither of them gave a reason why.
We are now down to 13 including several players who dropped out for last week's match. We will just have to hope they don't do it again.
I cannot play tomorrow as I am ineligible through not having played enough matches. I am not on the teamsheet that had to be sent in.

I cannot chase players up myself tonight as I have just got in from filming Ebbsfleet and I will now be working up until midnight editing the highlights.
We will just have to 'panic' in the morning.

Now down to 12...and also no Manager.
TJ has got to babysit and Terry has the vomiting bug.

There is a hailstorm at the moment (in Edmonton). Let's hope it moves up to the Country Club in Cheshunt later on !?

Down to a bare eleven now with no goalkeeper.

Garry Cover has been called in to work early. He is a steward at Spurs.
Looks like he can play in the mornings when Spurs is a 4.00.p.m. Kick-Off, but tomorrow's match with Fulham is a 3.00.p.m. Kick-Off (because it's not on Sky). It doesn't help that our game is a Cup match which might go to Extra-Time & Penalties.

Loveday is on the teamsheet of eligible players for this match, but Tim Beeden is not. I will be amazed if Loveday is about though.