THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Next Match - Home to Asco (Sunday 3rd March)

Our next match is at Home to Asco in Division One and as far as I know, the only player definitely unavailable is Jacko...so we are therefore going to try and persuade Loveday to go in goal.

Asco have now sorted themselves out and we will not be getting an easy win here. Yes, they lost 5-0 to FC Alpha today, but so have we by a five-goal margin (last season). Asco drew 4-4 with a full-strength Mardan side in their previous match and that is what we are likely to be facing I'm afraid.

Training will be on this coming Wednesday night as usual, even though we only had 5 there last week and the freezing cold temperatures are set to stay well into next week. Thankfully Man United v Real Madrid is on Tuesday night and not Wednesday !
As always, it is up to players to turn up to training if they want to get in the squad/starting line-up. The amount of players who are dropping out at 8.00.p.m. every Wednesday night (after initially saying they would be attending) is getting ridiculous.
I would rather players stop pissing us about with false 'suddenly working late' excuses and tell us on a Sunday (or at least on the Monday or Tuesday) if they can't be arsed to attend training because they are in Sofa Mode, it is too cold, or they think it will be 'boring'. Maybe we should start fining players if they cry off on a Wednesday ?

Re: Next Match - Home to Asco (Sunday 3rd March)

We actually had 13 there at training last night (including me), which was really good to see after the dismal turn-out the week before.
Of course Hagan decided to stay at home and watch TOWIE because he thought it would be a 'sh!t turnout' as it always is whenever he turns up (as he did the week before). Sod's Law !
The only other regular players not there were Ben (who was working in Norwich), George (who works pretty much every Wednesday night...as far as I know), and Terry Moore (who now has cracked ribs again after that challenge on Sunday by AC Enfield's No.16...which should have been given as a foul by the way, having seen the video). Terry is definitely out for this Sunday and could be out for the rest of the season if his ribs are broken.
As usual, there was no sign of TJ, Frankie, Gavin, Loveday, Tony King, Martin Cruickshank or any other registered players, and at the moment it looks likely that most of them will not be available for the rest of the season due to work, family & social commitments.
Also, the registration deadline has now gone for us to sign any new players...not that anybody wants to join us at the moment anyway.

Obviously we now have a problem in goal with Jacko unavailable this Sunday and the next, and we also now only have three defenders left in Barney, Lexton & George...and even George wants to play in midfield !
There is no way we are going to play three at the back again after that 8-1 debacle in the London Cup, so a forward or a midfielder is going to have to be told to play in defence whether they like it or not.

We have a squad of just 14 for this Sunday and they are as follows:
Garry Cover (GK)
Alan Barnard
George Stahlmann
Lexton Harrison
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Riaz Daniels
Krishan Singh
Younes Jouied
Ben Keating
Rafiel Johnson
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley
John Scouller

If any of those 14 drop out, then we will be getting perilously close to me having to play and the match not being filmed.

Just a warning for George that according to this, there are no trains running between Alexandra Park and Palmers Green on Sunday, so he'll either have to get a No.29 bus to Hazelwood or a tube to Arnos Grove (where Trev can pick him up from ?) or Oakwood (for a lift from Riaz ?).
If he gets a train from Seven Sisters to Edmonton Green, I can't pick him up because I will be putting the nets up, while Terry isn't playing.

Also, Ben (and Lex ?) both need a lift, so I hope John is playing and can pick them up ?

I will be really annoyed if we have less than eleven because players 'can't get there'. No way am I playing !

I can get George from Arnos Grove if needs be, but it would be out of my way, so better if Trev can get him. Let me know if you need me to.

Younes is not playing (according to Teamer). No reason given.

Down to 13 now.

Younes can play now, but he doesn't think Krishan is. (Can't get hold of him).
That means Younes needs a lift.
I have told him to get a train to Silver Street Station which arrives at 9:30. He could walk to Hazelwood from there in about 20 minutes, but I'm not sure he knows the way. Can anybody pick him up ? (I can't because I am opening up/putting the nets up).