THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Next Match - Home to AC Enfield (24th Feb).

Following our nightmare 8-1 defeat in the London Cup yesterday, we are back to our annual Division One relegation battle this Sunday as we take on AC Enfield in a rare Home game at Hazelwood.

The squad will be announced after training on Wednesday night, but it should be the same 14 who played yesterday, plus two others depending on who attends training and makes themselves available.

Some of you may have seen an apology from Jacko on this Forum last night for his performance yesterday. Unfortunately I had to delete it as he was blaming the Ref for our defeat more than he was blaming himself.
I am guessing Jacko must have had a few consolation beers when he wrote that ?
Seriously though, Jacko has admitted that he is willing to retire if necessary and if we can find a new younger keeper who is good enough to take over. He is also now running his son's team and that is taking up a lot of his time.
However, the new keeper (Lewis) that John Scouller has been bringing along to training is not registered yet and even if he brings a photo this Wednesday, he will not be registered in time to play against AC Enfield this Sunday.
Jacko has said he will be at training on Wednesday himself, so it should be Jacko in goal against AC Enfield, then Lewis can play when Jacko is serving his one-match suspension for his sending-off...which I would guess will be on either the 3rd or the 10th March.
This is of course assuming that Loveday is no longer interested and Garry Cover would rather be an outfield player than a goalkeeper ?!
As I say, the goalkeeping situation will be discussed and sorted out on Wednesday night.

Re: Next Match - Home to AC Enfield (24th Feb).

I'm available again now the cast is off. See you Wednesday.

Not surprisingly after an 8-1 defeat, we had a big increase in players suddenly going down with flu or having to work late tonight, so we only had five players there at training (Jacko, Terry, Daley, Hagan & Krishan). In fact there were just as many people there watching as training (Myself, Trevor, Darryl Johnson, Garry Cover & Cascoe) ! Needless to say, we did bugger all except to give Jacko a few shots and stand around in the freezing cold for 90 minutes talking tactics and discussing what went wrong on Sunday.

Garry still has a bit of an injury and Cascoe was one of those with flu, so that was why they didn't train, but they are both available for Sunday.

As nobody else turned up to training in an effort to get in the team, the squad of 16 for Sunday therefore picks itself and is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
George Stahlmann
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Younes Jouied
Riaz Daniels
Krishan Singh
Rafiel Johnson
Ben Keating
Daniel Daley
Jack Bangs
John Scouller
Garry Cover

Nobody in our squad of 16 has told me they are not playing tomorrow because of flu or whatever, so hopefully it will remain that way.

As for the weather, I have just been out for a walk on some pitches near to Hazelwood (at 10.00.a.m. Saturday morning) and they were all perfectly playable with no sign of any frost whatsoever. The temperature was 1C and the sleet that was falling wasn't settling.
Interestingly, the temperature in Cheshunt/Broxbourne at the same time was -1C, so that would have meant frozen pitches up there.
That suggests that tomorrow morning is very much 50/50 and it is another one of those where we have to turn up for the Referee's pitch inspection which will take place shortly after 10.00.a.m.
I will be there just after 9.00.a.m., so I will try and text everybody then as to the state of the pitch. Bear in mind though, that even if it is frozen at that time, you will all still have to turn up in case it has thawed by 10.30 and the Ref says game on. If you don't, we lose the points and get fined £50 whether the pitch is playable or not.

Another thing that is going to put players off is the wind. The forecast says it is going to be very strong blowing straight down from the Arctic and that it will feel more like -14C instead of 1C !!! I think our subs might have to stay in the changing rooms until they are needed !? No doubt Trev will end up 'running' the line as usual.

Younes not playing. No reason given.

Any more ?

No frost by the way. Game definitely on.

Ben is not playing.
John is not playing.

If Lexton & Cascoe have still got flu, then we will only have 10 men as Garry Cover is half-injured and can probably only play in goal (or won't last a full match).