THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Next Match - Away to Turnford Geese (Cup...10th Feb)

Our next match this coming Sunday is the League Senior Cup fixture Away to Turnford Geese at Wormley Playing Fields that was called off before Christmas when we all turned up there to find a frozen (and badly churned up) pitch.
The weather forecast at the moment is for the same...plus snow !, but hopefully that forecast will have changed by the end of the week.

Training is on this Wednesday evening as normal, even though Barney isn't there and England v. Brazil is live on TV.
Personally I would rather go training than watch two second-choice teams play out a 0-0 draw and make 22 substitutions between them.

Re: Next Match - Away to Turnford Geese (Cup...10th Feb)

I hate to dissapoint you Lau, but unfortunately my work have got us tickets for the game...it would be a massive insult if inwas to say I'm not going.

Hopefully, you can learn something watching Wilshere!

Well I already know how to be a jumped up little c**t so Mr Wilshere won't be very educational for me. Ill be mainly studying the racks of the female Brazilian fans if I'm quite honest.

We had 11 at training last night including myself and John Scouller's mate Lewis (the goalkeeper), who is not registered yet. The other 9 who attended are all available for Sunday and have therefore been named in the squad along with 7 others who were not there last night but had 'excuses'. (More about that in my next Chairman's Blog coming up later today ! )

The squad of 16 is therefore as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
George Stahlmann
Lexton Harrison
Daniel Cascoe
Danny Hagan
Krishan Singh
Younes Jouied
Ben Keating
Riaz Daniels
Rafiel Johnson
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley
John Scouller
Garry Cover

There are one or two players unavailable, but they have not been playing much lately or attending training anyway, so it's up to them to do so if they want to get in the squad for future matches.

As for whether the game will be on or not, things are looking a bit more promising as regards the weather forecast, so hopefully it will not be another last-minute frozen pitch job like it was last time.

I trust everybody knows how to get to Wormley Playing Fields and has sorted out a lift ? I have told George to text me or Barney for a lift from Edmonton Green or Winchmore Hill station(s) if Riaz has got a full car again.

Danny Hagan is having an operation today on a broken hand and having a metal plate inserted, so he will be unavailable for the next 3-6 weeks (according to his doctor).

TJ texted me this morning asking for a lift on Sunday. He didn't appear to know that he wasn't in the squad, but he is now...to replace Hagan.
I have told TJ to get a lift off Raf, as Raf says he is driving.

The current weather forecast...There may be a bit of light drizzle this afternoon, but I would think there is a fair chance that Broxbourne Council will not call all matches off 'waterlogged' (from Tuesday night's rain) when they do their pitch inspections this morning. It will therefore be left up to the Referee on Sunday morning.
However, the weather forecast for Saturday night and Sunday morning is heavy rain turning to snow the further North you go, with Broxbourne being right in the 50/50 area for that. (In Edmonton it will more likely be rain). Whatever way, there is a strong possibility that when we wake up on Sunday morning, there will either be large puddles on the pitch...or an inch or two of snow. If it's puddles, we will have to travel for the Ref's pitch inspection (to see if the ball rolls or not). If it's obvious thick snow, then a sensible decision can be made by phone at around 9.00.a.m....I would guess.

Nothing called off by Broxbourne Council today, so it's GAME ON !!

Danny Hagan's operation has been cancelled and he has declared himself fit for tomorrow.

I have put him back in the squad which means TJ will have to step down unless anyone else drops out.