THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Semi-Final & Final Player Eligibility

When Jacko said in the changing rooms after yesterday's London Cup Fourth Round win that he is away on holiday in Crete for the date of the Final (Sunday 28th April), we started 'panicking' that the same rules apply for the London Cup that they do for our League Cups whereby players can only play in the Semi-Final and Final if they have played in three or more League (i.e. Division One) matches this season, which would therefore rule out Loveday and Tim from going in goal if we get that far (the way things stand at the moment).
Well...I have just checked through the London FA handbook and it appears that there are no restrictions for the Sunday Junior Cup and as long as a player is registered, then he can play !

The League Senior Cup is much more of a problem should we progress to the Final in that, as the date is likely to be the 21st April (or the 28th if we are not in the London Junior Cup Final), so I would guess Jacko would be away on the 21st as well ?
Of course Jacko is more likely winding us all up, but just in case he isn't, we only have 7 Division One matches left this season and one of them is against Asco who might non-fulfil (which then wouldn't count). Also, a couple of those games might even be played in the first week of May if the weather continues to be as bad as it is at the moment, so how are Loveday, Tim or any new keeper we might sign up going to play three Division One matches before the 21st April ? Loveday has only played one competitive match so far this season and that was in the London Cup, which doesn't count for the League Senior Cup.

Any ideas ?

Re: Semi-Final & Final Player Eligibility

Not away on either.

Got my months wrong, I'm in Crete in May not April.......

Re: Semi-Final & Final Player Eligibility

Jacko
Not away on either.

Got my months wrong, I'm in Crete in May not April.......
O.K. Noted.

Panic over.