THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Next Match - London Cup Away to London Maccabi Lions 'B' (27th Jan.)

Just to confirm that as per London FA rules, our postponed Sunday Junior Cup match Away to London Maccabi Lions 'B' will now (hopefully) take place this coming Sunday (27th January).
London Maccabi Lions are hopeful of booking their 3G pitch again with this match being 'more important' than their various Youth team games, so it should be same time, same place, same arrangements. The Forthcoming Fixtures page has therefore been updated accordingly.

As for the current weather forecast, it doesn't look as if the snow is going to melt before Wednesday evening, so training at the Southgate Hockey Centre will almost certainly be called off again.
As to whether the temperature will rise and thaw the snow out in time for us to play on the 3G pitch on Sunday, it's too early to say at the moment.

If anybody who was named in the squad for this morning's postponed match is unavailable for the re-arranged game this coming Sunday (27th), please let us know before Wednesday evening.

Re: Next Match - London Cup Away to London Maccabi Lions 'B' (27th Jan.)

PLEASE NOTE...I need some feedback on this from players today.

London Maccabi Lions have told us that there are so many of their teams wanting to use their 3G Astroturf this Sunday that we will either have to Kick-Off at 9.30.a.m. or 11.30.a.m. (so that they can fit all the matches in).
If we Kick-Off at 11.30.a.m., there is a possibility that we might have to wait until mid-day as the 9.30.a.m. Kick-Off would be another Cup match which could go to Extra-Time & Penalties.

I know it's an hour earlier than normal for us, but I think we should go for the 9.30.a.m. Kick-Off. At least then we can get back to watch Leeds v. Spurs on telly at 2.00.p.m. !

The weather forecast at the moment says it will be a bit warmer during the day on Saturday, so hopefully that will thaw away any remaining snow on the pitch in time for us to play on Sunday. There is pretty much no chance of us playing on grass over there, as it is still supposed to go below freezing overnight, and also the grass pitches may well be waterlogged anyway from the melting snow.

If anybody cannot play at 9.30.a.m. on Sunday morning, they must let me know by 5.00.p.m. today.

Another decision to be made is if this game is postponed for a second time. The London FA rules are such that we can then choose to play at Home on the 3rd February...but then Hazelwood might end up being frozen or waterlogged, so do we stay on LML's 3G pitch ?

Laurence Hughes
Another decision to be made is if this game is postponed for a second time. The London FA rules are such that we can then choose to play at Home on the 3rd February...but then Hazelwood might end up being frozen or waterlogged, so do we stay on LML's 3G pitch ?

We tend to play better at home, and I suspect that their players will be more used to playing on 3G, so if it's postponed again, and if we have the option of playing it at Hazelwood, then I say go for it (assuming the costs are split for cup matches).

Barney

I am OK for 9.30 am kick off.

I agree with Barney re home advantage.

Barney
if we have the option of playing it at Hazelwood, then I say go for it (assuming the costs are split for cup matches)
Yes they are...and of course we will get money in from LML rather than us having to pay them.

I have just checked with Jacko and he is o.k. for a 9.30.a.m. Kick-Off, so I have now confirmed that with London Maccabi Lions.

I will update the website later.

Training tomorrow night has been called off by the Southgate Hockey Centre already...not surprisingly.

Here's what the pitches look like at the moment (Tuesday afternoon): http://southgatehockeycentre.co.uk/Sport/SportsVenueHire/PitchConditions.aspx

As training has now been called off, we might as well name the squad now...which as far as Trevor is concerned, should be as follows (because only Gavin Mardell has indicated on Teamer that he is unavailable):
Simon Jackson (GK)
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
George Stahlmann
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Younes Jouied
Riaz Daniels
Ben Keating
Krishan Singh
Rafiel Johnson
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley
John Scouller
Garry Cover

That is a squad of 17, but I dare say somebody will not be available on the day through illness, injury or work commitments anyway.

Don't forget this match is now a 9.30.a.m. Kick-Off.
That means we (ideally) need to be at the venue by 8.45.a.m., so that will mean leaving Edmonton/Enfield at about 8.15.a.m.
I trust nobody is going out on the p!ss on Saturday night...even Hagan !?
Looking at the current weather forecast, I think the snow will have all gone by Saturday evening and the game will be on.

Just seen this Lau, 9.30am K.O!!! Blimey ill make sure I have my last jab of heroin by 3am

The game is still on at the moment because we are going by the latest weather forecast which says there might be a bit more snow this evening (in Borehamwood, not Edmonton), but then a gradual thaw during the day on Saturday and torrential rain on Saturday night which would presumably wash all the snow away.

London Maccabi Lions are going to get back to us at 6.00.p.m. tomorrow (Saturday) evening to see what the weather situation is then, so I will post here again as soon as I know anything more. It probably all depends on how much snow they get in Borehamwood tonight.

Enfield & Broxbourne Councils have already called all games off for the weekend because they couldn't mark the lines out yesterday with snow on all the pitches...Thursdays are their 'line-marking days', not Fridays ! , so we are extremely lucky we are playing an Away County Cup match on a private pitch.
It looks as if we will be the only team from our League playing this Sunday !

Another thing we need to think about is how are our players getting there ?

I have just seen that there are no trains running this Sunday out of Liverpool Street through Hackney Downs, Brimsdown or Edmonton Green, so if Krishan is not playing (and driving), then Younes will not be playing either...unless he gets up at 8.00.a.m. and gets a bus !

GAME ON !!!

Although most players have indicated on Teamer that they are available, I still need quite a few to get in touch to confirm they know it is a 9.30 Kick-Off on 3G AstroTurf and how they are getting there. That includes Younes, George, TJ, Riaz, Jack, Lexton, Cascoe, Ben & others.

I will have to try texting everybody later this evening I suppose ?

All sorted for tomorrow now...more or less.

The only players who have not confirmed this evening (since I told everybody that the game is definitely on) are Garry Cover and Jacko, although at least both of them did indicate on Teamer earlier in the week that they were available.

Two players have dropped out this evening, namely TJ and John Scouller, but if Jacko & Garry both turn up, we will have a squad of 15 there. Everybody else has confirmed that they know it is a 9.30. Kick-Off and that they have lifts arranged. I can pick up Raf & Daley tomorrow morning at 8.00.a.m. near Silver Street somewhere if necessary, although I would prefer it if Raf drives (down to Edmonton Green) or makes his own way there with Daley.

The only other lift problem at the moment is George as Riaz can't take him for some reason. He needs a lift from Oakwood Tube at 8.15.ish or just after. I have told him to try Barney as I might have to take Raf & Daley.
Krishan is bringing Younes.
Terry is bringing Ben & Lex.
Riaz is bringing Jack.

The only thing that worries me now is some jobsworth saying 'You can't play in those on here mate'.
Blame Hagan if that happens, as he was the one insisting we should play on 3G.