THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Next Match - London Cup Away to London Maccabi Lions 'B' (20th Jan.)

Regarding the forecast snow tomorrow (Friday)...London Maccabi Lions have told us that 3G pitches cannot have snow swept off them because it sweeps away the granules that are part of the surface. (Sometimes called 'runner crumbs' I believe ?).

If the snow settles on Friday and then freezes on Friday night (as per the forecast), they are likely to make a decision on Saturday morning to call the game off...unless of course there is an updated weather forecast at that time saying that there is going to be a rapid thaw on Saturday night (which looks extremely unlikely at the moment).
Myself, the Referee and the London FA were all copied in and as far as I know, we are all in full agreement.

That's the situation at the moment.

All League games have just been called off, so only County Cup games remain now...of which ours is one.

I am fully expecting London Maccabi Lions to contact me tomorrow morning to confirm that the game is off.

GAME OFF !

It has now been re-arranged for next Sunday (27th Jan.).
Same venue, same time, and using the 3G pitch unless the weather improves enough to use one of the grass pitches.