THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Logging In To Teamer

I have had a few players telling me recently (including last night at training) that when they receive an e-mail from me via Teamer with a link to read the Video Notes that I put on the Documents page on there, when they click on the link in the e-mail it 'won't allow them' to login to our Teamer page...or they don't know what to enter for their username.

To login to Teamer, your username is the e-mail address that you gave me when you joined the club...and Teamer only accepts that one e-mail address...and from the computer it is set up on.

For example (and I suspect this is what is happening in a lot of cases), a player gives me a work e-mail address which I then enter into Teamer to register them as a club member, but that player has set up his work e-mail address to be re-routed to their Home e-mail address (or a Yahoo, Hotmail or gmail address) when they are out of the office.
They may have logged in to Teamer at work the first time...to activate their membership and set their password..., but then when they receive subsequent e-mails from Teamer with links to Video Notes or asking them if they are available for matches & training, they view those e-mails on their mobiles where they have been re-routed from their work computers. The login box pops up, but when they enter their work e-mail address for their Username, Teamer won't accept it because they are not on their work computer...and if they enter their Home or Yahoo/Hotmail/gmail address, Teamer won't accept that either because only one e-mail address can be registered, and they gave me their work one !

In other cases, players have almost certainly given me an e-mail address which they 'never use any more', so they don't get any e-mails from Teamer anyway (or my 'Rovers News' e-mails that I send out once a week). They only get text messages...and you can't login to Teamer from those. You have to view and login from the Teamer e-mails only if you want to read the Video Notes.

The only way round these problems is to do what I do. Use a webmail service (i.e. Yahoo, Hotmail or gmail).
I have never used anything else for e-mail but Yahoo Mail. That means I can access my e-mail from any computer and any mobile. Even if I did a 9-5 job in the City, I would still be able to view my Yahoo Mail on my work computer...and login to Teamer from that.

If any players are having the problems mentioned above, I would advise them to create a Yahoo, Hotmail or gmail account and give me that e-mail address to register them with Teamer as a new member. When they receive an activation e-mail for that one, their username will be their new e-mail address and they will have a new password (which they can then re-set to one of their own choice).

If you don't know or have forgotten what e-mail address you gave me for Teamer (which is your Teamer login username), let me know and I will text it to you.

Re: Logging In To Teamer

Hi Lol,

To login to Teamer, your username is the e-mail address that you gave me when you joined the club...and Teamer only accepts that one e-mail address...and from the computer it is set up on.

I'm not convinced the bit in bold is correct - there should be no reason why you couldn't use your work email (or whatever email you've registered with) from any computer. As far as I can see, the email address used to register is effectively a username, which happens to be an email address. I think Teamer asks for an email address, so that they can combine two functions (logging in, and sending emails). Clearly you'll only get emails from Teamer to the address that's registered, but as I say, you should be able to log on from any PC.

For instance, I'm registered using my work email address, yet I've logged on to Teamer using this email address as my username from my home PC, as well as my Android phone. The key thing is that wherever you log in from, you use the correct (registered) email address as a username, and the right password - whatever that is.

Hope this is helpful.
Cheers
Barney

Barney
Hi Lol,

I'm not convinced the bit in bold is correct - there should be no reason why you couldn't use your work email (or whatever email you've registered with) from any computer. As far as I can see, the email address used to register is effectively a username, which happens to be an email address. I think Teamer asks for an email address, so that they can combine two functions (logging in, and sending emails). Clearly you'll only get emails from Teamer to the address that's registered, but as I say, you should be able to log on from any PC.

For instance, I'm registered using my work email address, yet I've logged on to Teamer using this email address as my username from my home PC, as well as my Android phone. The key thing is that wherever you log in from, you use the correct (registered) email address as a username, and the right password - whatever that is.

Hope this is helpful.
Cheers
Barney

FUCKING GEEK!!!!!

And proud of it!

Barney
Thanks Barney. That was what I needed confirmation of, as I have never had a non-Webmail e-mail address, so I therefore couldn't test my theory out.

What you are saying actually means that the problem is really some of our players being 'thick' when it comes to using Teamer.
It makes me laugh that Teamer claim they have clubs using their service where everybody uses it and knows how to log in and set their passwords.
That's clearly not the case with us.

Just to clarify then...When logging in to Teamer, for your username you use the e-mail address that you gave me when you joined the club, and if that doesn't work, you text me to find out what the e-mail address is that I actually gave to Teamer for you.
Once that e-mail address works for your username login, then it will work on any computer/phone you are using.
If you have forgotten your password, the login box should have a link saying 'Forgotten password? Click here to e-mail Teamer for it' (or words to that effect).

is it possible to change the email address registered .... i forgot my password to my old one so ive had to make a new one

jack
is it possible to change the email address registered .... i forgot my password to my old one so ive had to make a new one
When you try logging in to Teamer using the e-mail address you gave me, a login box should appear where underneath it, it says 'Forgotten Password ?'.
You then click on that 'Forgotten Password ?' link and it then sends you an e-mail telling you what your password is that you forgot. Then you can login.

At least that's how it's supposed to work.
I don't know because I never forget my password...because I am using the same computer and same mobile phone all the time, and on those I ticked the box saying 'remember password' so you don't have to enter it every time.

If that's no good, give me your new e-mail address at training tomorrow night and I'll delete your old one from Teamer and set the new one up then...providing you use e-mail on your mobile ?
If you are not coming training, text me your new e-mail address and I'll sort it out later today or tomorrow.

Let's be honest, teamer would say that as they want to have customers. As for our lot nobody can' be bothered its too much effort, a text message will do.

Danny Hagan
Let's be honest, teamer would say that as they want to have customers. As for our lot nobody can' be bothered its too much effort, a text message will do.
What Teamer does do though is send an automated e-mail and text message 24 hours before a game to all players reminding them of who we are playing and where. They don't have to be logged in to get those messages. That saves me a heck of a lot of work doing it manually by text. Same as when a game is called off. I just click on one button and it lets everybody know.
That's why I will be continuing to use it myself.

If most of our players don't want to actually login to Teamer to click 'Yes' or 'No' as to whether they are attending a match or training, see who else is playing/coming training, vote for their Man-Of-The-Match, or to read the Video Notes, then that's up to them. It doesn't cause me any problem whatsoever...as long as they continue to text me or put a message on here that they are not available for something.

In addition to putting the Video Notes on Teamer, from tomorrow I will also start e-mailing them to everybody again like I did last season...for those who don't want to login to Teamer. Not a problem.