THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Sunday 13th January (Home to FC Alpha)

Trevor has named a squad of 16 for this Sunday's match at Home to FC Alpha as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
George Stahlmann
Lexton Harrison
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Gavin Mardell
Garry Cover
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Younes Jouied
Krishan Singh
Ben Keating
Riaz Daniels
Jack Bangs
John Scouller

Some of the above players have of course been named 'in hope' !

The only players definitely unavailable at the moment are Daniel Daley who is serving the last match of his suspension, and Rafiel Johnson who has a knee injury. Raf is also doubtful for our London Cup match the following week.

At training last night only 7 players were in attendance, namely Terry, Barney, Jacko, Lexton and also Cascoe, TJ & Krishan. Those were the three players who 'didn't turn up' against Mardan, so it was good to see them there. Cascoe & TJ had other commitments last Sunday and Krishan has an injury, but Trevor has named them for this Sunday because they were there at training and numerous others were not. That includes Gavin Mardell, Frankie Karemo, Tony King, Martin Cruickshank, Martin Loveday, John Scouller & Frazer John, while Evon Williams was not there because Riaz Daniels wasn't. (Riaz gives Evon a lift). Whether some of these players have 'left', I have no idea, and neither does Trevor.
Garry Cover turned up at the end of training last night and I thought I heard him say to Trevor that he might not be available this Sunday, but Trevor has put him in the squad nonetheless.

Ben Keating & Danny Hagan were not at training last night because they have no way of getting there at the moment, while Riaz Daniels, Younes Jouied, George Stahlmann and Jack Bangs all got injured against Mardan on Sunday (as did Rafiel) and they are all currently 'doubtful' for this coming Sunday's match.

The way things stand at the moment, the four injured players above will be making a decision on Saturday evening as to whether they can play or not, and if they can't, we will just have to make a load of last-minute phone calls to make sure we have eleven players and hopefully at least one sub.

As for the current weather forecast, it is going to be very cold but just above freezing. There might be a bit of snow but it won't settle. However, that forecast might change.

Re: Squad For Sunday 13th January (Home to FC Alpha)

I won't be able to play on Sunday but hopefully ill be there to watch.

A nicely ploughed field we are playing on this Sunday !
(Picture taken Friday morning).

Here's the situation at the moment (at 6.30.p.m. Saturday evening)...

Firstly, the current weather forecast says it will stay just above freezing overnight in the London area, so it looks as if the game will definitely be on. Obviously if you do see frost on the ground when you wake up tomorrow morning, you have still got to turn up and wait for the Referee to decide.
I have no idea whether Broomfield used the pitch today. Both their First & Second XI's were supposed to be playing Away.

As regards who is playing or not, we know that Jack is now unavailable (in adition to Raf), but we have heard nothing from George, Younes or Riaz, so they may still be injured as well for all I know.
We have also heard nothing from John Scouller, while Garry Cover is working and won't get there until after the kick-off.
Also, although they were at training, I don't think Cascoe and Krishan confirmed their availability for this match either. I didn't speak to them myself.

That means the only players who are 'definitely' playing are Jacko, Terry, Barney, Lexton, Gavin, TJ, Hagan & Ben.

As for lifts, Terry Moore said he is going to help me put the nets up just after 9.00.a.m., so he is not giving anybody a lift...at the moment.
How are Lexton, Ben and Younes (if he is playing) going to get there ?
How is George going to get there if he is playing and Riaz is not ?

If we fail to field a team tomorrow because it's cold and players can't be arsed to turn up, then Daley will still be suspended next week and will miss our London Cup match against London Maccabi Lions...which will be a real problem with numerous players out injured at the moment, so even if we only have 8 players there tomorrow, we MUST play whatever (so that Daley's ban is completed). The result of this match doesn't matter as we can't win Division One. The London Cup game the following week is more important.

If there any registered players reading this who are not in the squad at the moment and are not doing anything tomorrow morning, I suggest they phone Trevor between 9.00-9.45.a.m. to find out how many players we have got and whether there is a chance of them getting a game.

Younes is still injured, but he says Krishan will be there.

I have still heard nothing from Riaz, George or Scouller.