THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Next Match - Sunday 16th Dec. Away to AC Enfield)

We are Away to AC Enfield in our next match this coming Sunday, but at Grundy Park instead of their normal Home pitch at Wormley Playing Fields...according this on Full-Time.
I won't find out whether that is a mistake or not until the AC Enfield Secretary confirms the match though...and most Club Secretaries do that on a Tuesday night.

Daniel Daley is the only player unavailable for Sunday's match as he starts another three-match London FA suspension for 'misconduct'. He would have been able to play if our matches had not been postponed this morning and last Sunday, so he is really unlucky as he has ended up being penalised more than he should be simply because of the weather !
Under the previous suspension rules, he would have been banned for two consecutive 35-day periods and his suspension would have been over by Christmas...with him only missing four matches instead of eight. (We banned him ourselves for two games before his London FA suspension started so that it got his second suspension reduced).

AC Enfield have played for the last two weeks when we haven't, so they will have a massive advantage in fitness and match practice...if the game goes ahead.
The weather forecast at the moment is for frost and sub-zero temperatures for the rest of this week from tomorrow onwards but with no snow (here at least). If that is correct, it will mean another scenario like we had against Turnford Geese where we will have to turn up for the Referee's pitch inspection at 10.00.a.m. otherwise our opponents will claim the points if they are there and we are not.

Another problem is that AC Enfield wear black shorts, so with this new League 'rule' that has just been brought in, as the Away team we are going to have to borrow the spare blue shorts from the Church Team that some of our players are playing for on Saturdays. I don't know whether they have 16 pairs of a size that fits all our players though.

Regarding our squad for this match, that will be announced after training this coming Wednesday night.
I have just spoken to Trev and he says attendance at training will have a bearing on who he picks for certain positions in his starting line-up for the AC Enfield match.
Barney is not coming training due to social commitments, so we need somebody else supervising the warm-up & fitness session at 8.30.p.m.
The temperature is going to be -3C on Wednesday evening, so we are not going to be able to stand around !!

Re: Next Match - Sunday 16th Dec. Away to AC Enfield)

Fuck me!!!! Aston Villa and Stoke both wore white shorts yesterday!!!!!

Jacko
Fuck me!!!! Aston Villa and Stoke both wore white shorts yesterday!!!!!
According to Mark Ives at the F.A., they will both be reported by the Match Assessor and fined !...and so will Spurs & Villa from a few weeks ago. (That's what he has told our League).

Trev will be writing to him shortly, asking for the F.A. to use the money they got from John Terry's fine to re-imburse all Sunday League clubs who have to buy a new set of shorts for this ridiculous rule !

Laurence Hughes
The weather forecast at the moment is for frost and sub-zero temperatures for the rest of this week from tomorrow onwards but with no snow (here at least). If that is correct, it will mean another scenario like we had against Turnford Geese where we will have to turn up for the Referee's pitch inspection at 10.00.a.m. otherwise our opponents will claim the points if they are there and we are not.
Updated forecast...Frost until Thursday, then very mild with non-stop torrential rain for over 24 hours from Thursday night through Friday into Saturday morning. No frost on Saturday night though and mild on Sunday morning.

We are playing on a Broxbourne Council pitch and they do not do pitch inspections after mid-day on Fridays, so there is a possibility it may not be waterlogged enough to call all matches off at that stage. It will then be left up to the Referees. Although they are dreadful pitches at Grundy Park, they actually drain well and there have been loads of occasions in recent seasons where only two matches have gone ahead (on pitches 1 & 2 at Grundy Park) when every other match in the League has been called off. We might be lucky this week !

We've played at Grundy park already this season haven't we? Didn't we play that cheshunt team there where cass got sent off?

Danny Hagan
We've played at Grundy park already this season haven't we? Didn't we play that cheshunt team there where cass got sent off?
That's the place.

Don't forget it's £2.80 to park in the car park !

Park on the new housing estate on the left (instead of turning right into Grundy Park car park) and you can park for free.

I always do.

Thanks for that Steve.....

steve
Park on the new housing estate on the left (instead of turning right into Grundy Park car park) and you can park for free.

I always do.
...and block somebody's driveway and get towed away ?

Can't make training again tomorrow I'm afraid Lol due to a work social committment.
Tis the season of office parties and social gatherings and all that.

Available for selection on Sunday.

I will update my Teamer when I get a spare moment.

Lastly, am I right in thinking tomorrow is the last training session before New Year?

Gav Mardell
Lastly, am I right in thinking tomorrow is the last training session before New Year?
Correct

Laurence:

There are many parking spaces that are NOT in front of people's drives.

These are not allocated parking or anything like that.

Thanks again for that Steve.

We had another good turnout at training tonight despite the hard frost, and as usual, Trevor has picked a squad of 16 for this Sunday's match with attendance & performance at training taken into account, along with the payment of subs.

The squad of 16 is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
Gavin Mardell
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
George Stahlmann
Krishan Singh
Younes Jouied
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Riaz Daniels
Rafiel Johnson
Ben Keating
Jack Bangs
John Scouller

Most of the above players were at training and sorted out lifts to the venue there...as far as I know ?

According to Teamer, TJ is away so Frankie Karemo can replace him in the squad.

I wood very like to join you in team.

I am brazil, at moment I in travel transit doing around Europe. I came to the UK in Janary 2013. To live in London I most think. Can I have a game with young boys I Am. I play on the pitch manly on the floor and the grass.

See you soon, right back to me here.

Hi Julios

We don't really understand you, please re- communicate.

Jacko