THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fixture Arranged For This Sunday (9th Dec.) Away to Larsens

We are now Away to Larsens this coming Sunday (9th December) in Division One instead of not having a match.

Danny Hagan and (probably) George Stahlmann have already arranged to go away, so they will be missing this match.
Anybody else ?

Re: Fixture Arranged For This Sunday (9th Dec.) Away to Larsens

should be fine for this............

Don't know what's up with teamer but it won't let me select my status. As I aid on Sunday - I can't make training tonight.

Danny Hagan
Don't know what's up with teamer but it won't let me select my status. As I said on Sunday - I can't make training tonight.

That's because I had already put you down as unavailable...and for this Sunday.

For training last night, we had no less than eleven players all drop out at short notice for a variety of reasons...and some for no reason other than (I suspect) they thought it was going to be a 'sh!t turnout' because of the cold weather, so why bother ?
However, we still had 12 there and had a good session, and Trevor does take into account who makes an effort to attend when he is picking his starting line-up/squad for the following Sunday's match. Turning up for Barney's warm-up & fitness session at 8.30.p.m. is also taken into consideration, and there are still players who are not making an effort to do that for reasons best known to themselves !
There was a bit of snow and ice on the pitch last night, but it was perfectly safe to train on. Hopefully some players will make a bit more of an effort next Wednesday for what will be our last training session before Xmas.

The squad (of 16) for this coming Sunday's match Away to Larsens is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Lexton Harrison
Terry Moore
Gavin Mardell
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Martin Cruickshank
Daniel Cascoe
Francis Karemo
Krishan Singh
Younes Jouied
Ben Keating
Riaz Daniels
Rafiel Johnson
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley

Martin is currently unsure whether he is available or not though. If he is not, then Tony King can come into the squad to replace him.

As for the weather, the forecast now is for it to be above freezing on Saturday night, so hopefully we won't have a problem with frost this time. However, there is supposed to be torrential rain this evening and tonight which could see the groundsman call the pitch off waterlogged either tomorrow (Friday) or on Saturday. It is supposed to be dry on Friday & Saturday, but not warm enough to dry out a waterlogged pitch. We will just have to wait and see.

If the game is on, as far as lifts to the venue (in Waltham Abbey) are concerned, I am trying to persuade TJ and/or Rafiel to drive (if they can find the ground !) so that I can give Daley and Martin (if he is playing) a lift from Edmonton Green, then Terry can give Lexton & Ben a lift...assuming Ben will be in Bullsmoor Lane on Sunday morning ? Krishan & Younes are driving round to Cascoe's from Hackney and will then go with him/follow him there. Everybody else should know where Larsens Rec is and will make their own way there.

GAME OFF ...already ! (Waterlogged Pitch).

Decision made this morning by Council groundsman responsible for Larsens Rec.

What a bag of wank......

Trev didn't even realise it had rained !