THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For This Sunday (2nd December v. Turnford Geese)

The squad of 16 for this coming Sunday's League Senior Cup match Away to Turnford Geese is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
Gavin Mardell
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Martin Cruickshank
George Stahlmann
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Younes Jouied
Ben Keating
Riaz Daniels
Rafiel Johnson
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley

Krishan Singh is away at a Wedding, but Riaz & Daley both return to the squad after missing the London Cup match Away to Dees Reserves.
Younes missed training last night because of a hamstring injury, but he is still coming to watch this Sunday anyway, so he has been included in case he recovers.
Terry Moore missed training last night because of illness, but he should recover by Sunday.

As for lifts to the venue (Wormley Playing Fields), myself and Terry can pick up players from Edmonton Green station.
However, I have just checked and there are no trains running on that line on Sunday morning due to engineering work, so clearly that is going to screw up George & Younes. I think George will have to get a Piccadilly Line tube from Finsbury Park to Arnos Grove and Trev will have to pick him up from there (at about 9:30 ?)...or maybe Riaz can pick him up from Oakwood Station ?
I have no idea how Younes can get to Edmonton/Enfield from Dalston (other than a 149 bus ?).

As for the weather forecast, it's going to be extremely cold, but dry and with no frost on Saturday night...at the moment.
There is far less doubt about the game being on than there was last Sunday.

Re: Squad For This Sunday (2nd December v. Turnford Geese)

Laurence Hughes
As for lifts to the venue (Wormley Playing Fields), myself and Terry can pick up players from Edmonton Green station.
However, I have just checked and there are no trains running on that line on Sunday morning due to engineering work, so clearly that is going to screw up George & Younes. I think George will have to get a Piccadilly Line tube from Finsbury Park to Arnos Grove and Trev will have to pick him up from there (at about 9:30 ?)...or maybe Riaz can pick him up from Oakwood Station ?
I have no idea how Younes can get to Edmonton/Enfield from Dalston (other than a 149 bus ?).
Younes can get this train from Hackney Downs as the trains are running via Tottenham Hale & Brimsdown on Sunday.

Can anybody pick him up from any of those stations en route to (and including) Cheshunt ? (Click on 'Show Calling Points')

It definitely looks as if the best bet for George is to phone Riaz and get him to pick him up at Oakwood Station at about 9.30.'ish ? (Piccadilly Line from Finsbury Park).

8.15.a.m. Sunday morning and it is frosty out there...but for those of our players thinking that the game will be off and they can stay in bed...it's one of those where we all have to turn up I'm afraid (and be there for the Referee's pitch inspection), otherwise our opponents can claim the match if they are there and we are not.
I think the game will be ON because it only went down to -1c last night, not -5c or whatever, so the sun will soon melt away the frost. It is 0c now and supposed to be above freezing by 10.00.a.m.

As for our squad, Gavin got injured playing for his Church team yesterday and Younes is presumably still suffering from his hamstring injury, but both are still coming along to watch (or go sub if others drop out ?)
Nobody else has dropped out as far as I know.

Riaz should be picking up George & Jack.
I am giving TJ & Raf a lift.
Terry is picking up Martin, Daley, Lexton & Ben.
Cascoe is picking up Younes.
Barney, Hagan, Jacko & Trev are all making their own way there.

GAME OFF...Frozen Pitch (after we all got there).