THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Various Bits Of News

I probably won't have time to update the website until this evening due to family commitments and also because it took me three hours to get home from Mitcham yesterday.
Here are the bits of news you need to know...

For those who don't realise that they can see our result here just an hour or so after the final whistle, we won 2-1 thanks to goals from Danny Hagan & Jack Bangs and we are now through to the Fourth Round, which will be played on Sunday 20th January.
Our opponents will be London Maccabi Lions 'B' and they play in Borehamwood. We are NOT playing London Tigers (from Greenford). That is a mistake by whoever from our League is putting the results on Full-Time. It was London Maccabi Lions 'B' who beat Edmonton Blades 4-3 yesterday...on a 3G Astroturf which they will use against us if their grass pitch is waterlogged again like it was yesterday.

Our next match (this coming Sunday) is Away to Turnford Geese in the League Senior Cup at Wormley Playing Fields.
We have no match on the 9th December (at the moment), but that will probably change if matches get called off this coming Sunday.
We will be playing on the 16th but not on the 23rd or the 30th.

We will not be getting our new kit until after Christmas as not all the shirt sizes our players require are in stock until then.
In addition to that, the League have now informed all teams that if they do not have a change of shorts and socks if they are playing teams wearing the same colours, then the match will not take place. That means we now have to buy another set of shorts which we simply cannot afford. The League are claiming this new rule is from the F.A. and it applies to Sunday football. I don't think it does and it is complete bollocks !
When we get the second set of shorts (which will probably be green), we will be sending the invoice to the F.A., and if they refuse to pay it, we will sue them. I am not having my club fold up because we are having to pay for something that is totally unnecessary !

Training is on this coming Wednesday as normal.
I will do the Teamer reminder when I have time, but if you don't want to use that, please let me know either on here, by text or by e-mail if you cannot attend (if you have not already done so).

Re: Various Bits Of News

Website now updated.
You will need to click on the refresh button on your browser if you have already viewed pages today.

Further details of our next opponents in the London Cup are on the Latest Club News page.

Regarding the 'shorts problem', our ex-player Jim Arrowsmith has kindly offered to lend us a set of blue shorts from his Church Team (that a number of our players play for on Saturdays) should the situation arise where we are playing Away to a team who wear black shorts.
Still a silly rule though.

Just for the record, I had warned you a while back but just to double confirm - I'm not here for the 9th of December.

Danny Hagan
Just for the record, I had warned you a while back but just to double confirm - I'm not here for the 9th of December.
O.K. Noted...and put on Teamer because you don't know how to do it yourself (same as all the rest of our players) ?

Hint: Login to our Teamer Page from here...Click on Team Page, then on 'Your Availability' and then use the calendar to click on a date that you are unavailable (and type the reason into the dialogue box that comes up).

Simple...and if every player could do that it will help me a lot.