THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Sunday 4th November (Away to Enfield Crusaders - Cup)

Our next match is in the Second Round of the League Challenge Cup Away to our Division One rivals Enfield Crusaders at Enfield Playing Fields. Full details are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

We currently have a number of players who are doubtful through injuries.
These are Alan Barnard (Thigh Strain), Simon Jackson (GK) (Back), Gavin Mardell (Hamstring) and Ali 'TJ' Sowe (Groin), so places in the squad might be up for grabs if certain players who were not included against Bromley Knights make an effort to attend training this coming Wednesday night.

Trevor will name the squad here on Thursday morning.

Re: Squad For Sunday 4th November (Away to Enfield Crusaders - Cup)

Jacko and Gavin have both now recovered from injury, so the squad (of 15) for this Sunday's match is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
Tony King
Gavin Mardell
Martin Cruickshank
George Stahlmann
Daniel Cascoe
Danny Hagan
Francis Karemo
Younes Jouied
Riaz Daniels
Ben Keating
Rafiel Johnson
Jack Bangs

If any other registered players are coming along to watch, please bring your boots in case anybody drops out at the last minute.

Danny Hagan
Just keeping u up to date, I've been rough as hell since Monday night, hence why I didn't come training Wednesday. I'm still throwing up etc today so I've been off work. Hopefully l will have recovered by Saturday. I will let you know by Saturday midday.
O.K. Noted

I also just noticed (from your post) that I forgot to put the clock back an hour.
...so I have now, which means I somehow managed to reply to your message before you posted it !

Just keeping u up to date, I've been rough as hell since Monday night, hence why I didn't come training Wednesday. I'm still throwing up etc today so I've been off work. Hopefully l will have recovered by Saturday. I will let you know by Saturday midday.

Danny Hagan

Feeling a bit better i will be there tomorrow

I am not liking what I see here !

I suspect I am going to be bombarded with texts tomorrow morning from our players asking 'Is the game still on ?'
...and look at that wind speed and temperature for 11.00.a.m. !!!

This morning's match at Enfield Playing Fields is still ON !!!

Enfield Council groundsmen will not be inspecting the pitches until between 9.00.-9.30.a.m. and they may leave it up to Referees to decide anyway...which they won't do until they get there after 10.00.a.m.

If you want to take a risk that the game WILL be called off and you want to stay at home, that's up to you, but if the Referee says the game is on and we do not have enough players there at 10.30 to start the match, then we will have to concede the game and we will be out of the Cup.

If the game is officially called off by Enfield Council, I will let you all know as soon as I hear anything.

GAME OFF (Waterlogged Pitch) !

Nobody knew until they arrived at the ground at 9.30.a.m. and saw a notice pinned to the changing room doors by Enfield Council saying 'All Games Off'.
Jacko and the Enfield Crusaders Manager were the first ones there, so that was when I found out.

All players should have been automatically notified by Teamer that the game has been called off. The texts you receive from Teamer come up as from 80688 instead of 'Teamer', so don't delete them as a piece of spam...READ THEM !

I am getting loads of phone calls from our newer players asking what was going on this morning and why did they have to make an unnecessary journey to the ground ? It's a valid question, but this is what happens at least once a season when it rains heavily on a Saturday night. The pitches were all perfectly playable yesterday, so they couldn't call off this morning's games then in case the weather forecast was wrong.
Also, the pitch inspectors cannot phone the Home team Secretaries on Sunday mornings because they don't know which teams are using the pitches, so teams only find out when they arrive at the venue.

Laurence:

The pitch at Hazelwood was playable (just) after some pitch sweeping (penalty area nearest changing rooms).

At 1030 the rain stopped and it wasn't a bad game.

St Marys won 3-2.