THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Sunday 21st October (Home to Mardan)

This coming Sunday we are at Home again for the second match running, this time against Mardan in another Division One match.

Terry Moore and Alan Barnard are both unavailable due to social commitments, but we still have about 20 players to choose from, including new signings Frazer John, George Stahlmann and Younes Jouied (as long as Younes posts me his photo tomorrow), while Daniel Cascoe, Ben Keating & Tony King should also be back in contention after missing our match against Larsens.

The squad will be picked after training this coming Wednesday night as that will be a factor and so might the payment of Annual Subs (or not) and the lack of defenders available because of Terry, Barney (and probably Loveday's) absence.

If players who are not coming training on Wednesday night cannot play in this match, please let us know before we pick the squad.

Re: Squad For Sunday 21st October (Home to Mardan)

Following training tonight, Trevor has named a squad of 14 for Sunday's match against Mardan as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Gavin Mardell
Lexton Harrison
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Martin Cruickshank
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Francis Karemo
Krishan Singh
Riaz Daniels
Rafiel Johnson
Jack Bangs
Daniel Daley
Ben Keating

Apart from Terry Moore & Alan Barnard, we now have even more defenders unavailable in Ivan Bass and George Stahlmann, while Tony King is still ill and was not at training.
If Tony is fit for this Sunday though, he will be included if any of the 14 players listed above drop out, while Frazer John, Younes Jouied, Garry Cover & Evon Williams are also currently on standby for that. If any of these five players are coming along to watch on Sunday, they are advised to bring their boots just in case they are needed.

The most likely player to drop out might be Ben because he now lives in Broxbourne and has no car. The only player who lives anywhere near him to give him a lift when we play at Hazelwood is John Scouller, but he is working on Sunday and won't be coming to watch (according to what he put on Teamer). That means Ben has to get a train from Broxbourne (or Cheshunt ?) to a station where somebody can pick him up from, but there is only one train an hour to Brimsdown Station from there on a Sunday (where Cascoe can pick him up from) and that arrives at either 09:04 (which is way too early) or 10:04 (which is too late and will involve them both getting to Hazelwood right on the kick-off and missing the warm-up).
Getting a train on the other line from Cheshunt is no good either, as they are one every 30 minutes but arriving at Southbury at 09:24 (too early) or 09:54 (too late). Brimsdown is more convenient for Cascoe to pick Ben up from, but it looks as if the best bet is for Ben to get that 09:24 arrival and just sit and wait until 9:45 (or whatever time Cascoe wants to get to Hazelwood...which is normally about 10:10 like everybody else...despite us telling everybody to get there at 09:45 !)

im not working sunday so i can take ben, plus been to physio and he told me ankle healing well so should be ready for either next sundays (28th) game or the one(4th)after more than likely be the 4th.

Sorry guys, annoyingly I am going to have to pull out of the squad tomorrow.

Picked up a hamstring strain playing this morning

Will still be along to watch by the way.

Tony King has confirmed he is available to replace Gavin in the squad.

Another problem is that we received notification from the London FA yesterday that Daniel Daley is suspended from the 4th November for 3 matches and fined £35.00 for his sending-off against Larsens last week...and then has to serve a 12-match suspension after that (with an additional fine of £100.00) for verbally abusing the Ref after the match ! That's unless he asks for a personal hearing and has evidence that can get him off the charge...but I certainly don't have any.
Trevor texted him that news yesterday but he hasn't replied.

Trevor also texted John Scouller yesterday asking him to get Frazer John along to replace Daley in the squad for tomorrow's match, but John hasn't replied either.
So...at the moment we have only got two subs, although various other registered players who might be coming along to watch will hopefully bring their boots.

Following last night's torrential rain, I would say there is a strong possibility that Enfield Council will call the pitch off waterlogged this morning...sometime between 8.45 & 9.15.a.m.

I will be going over there at 9.00 to open up the changing rooms and put the nets up anyway, so please DO NOT phone or text me asking if the game is on or not as I will not have time to answer/reply to everybody individually.
If the game is called off, the first people I have to phone is the opposing Club Secretary and the Referee, then I will text all players/club members who I know are planning to attend this morning

If you do not hear from me by 9.30.a.m. or I do not reply to your text/phone call, then the game is definitely ON !

Thankfully the game went ahead and we managed to get a 2-2 draw despite Jacko getting injured in the warm-up, Tony King having to go in goal and Cascoe having to play as a central defender ! Full details will be online by tomorrow morning.

Can we have some more players voting on their Man Of The Match on Teamer please ? So far, we have only had six players/club members vote for this morning's match, and that is pretty much the same number every week. Obviously myself and Trevor give our official Man Of The Match on the Club Website Match Reports page, but it's always interesting to see what the players themselves think. Good for team spirit and a confidence boost for the player who wins.