THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training This Wednesday (10th October)

This thread is for players who have deleted themselves from Teamer and want to know who is attending training this coming Wednesday night.

The 8.30.p.m. start for Barney's warm-up & fitness session has so far proved to be a good idea, so we will be doing that again this Wednesday. If players cannot get there until 9.00.p.m. though (when we start training on the actual pitch), it is not a problem for us, only for them in that they might pull a muscle and don't get the benefit of a 90-minute session.

With no Champions League (or Capital One Cup) matches on TV this Wednesday and us not having had a match the Sunday before, hopefully we will get a good turnout. There is also a possibility that Manager Trevor Hughes might be in attendance as well if he can clear the backlog of work he has as a result of going away to Cyprus for two weeks !

Re: Training This Wednesday (10th October)

Hoping to be back, working in Kabul but should make it.

Re: Training This Wednesday (10th October)

Another good session last night, although it was slightly too crowded really with 17 there. 14 or 15 (including goalkeeper) is the ideal number, but it is some of our regular players who are fault for not letting me know on Teamer (or by text, e-mail or here on the Forum) if they are going to be attending or not.
What happened last night was that a mate of Riaz's phoned me at about 8.40.p.m. asking if him and a couple of others could come along. They trained with us a couple of weeks ago when I told them they could attend if we were getting poor turnouts (as they were not sure about playing for us on Sundays and probably not quite good enough to get a game if they signed up). When they phoned there was only myself, Barney, Lexton, Martin, Krishan & Younes there, despite us telling everybody to turn up at 8.30.p.m. for Barney's warm-up & fitness session, so at that stage it looked as if players were sitting at home in 'Sofa Mode' and not going to bother. I therefore told Riaz's mates they could come along, and then as soon as I did that, everybody turned up at about 8.45.-8.50.p.m.

Next Wednesday we are likely to have Gavin, Tony King, Frankie and Tim there as well, and even possibly one or two other current players if they can get off work, get a car and/or recover from injuries.
That means we are going to have to stop Riaz's mates from attending for the time being, especially as there were three new players at training last night who were good enough to sign up. Also they play in positions where we need more cover whereas Riaz's mates were all forwards and right-footed midfielders.

The three new players we are signing up from last night are George Stahlmann, a 22-year-old tall central defender who e-mailed me asking to join after moving to the North London area, Younes Jouied, Krishan's mate who played a 7-a-side match for us during the Summer and is a skilful left-footed wide midfielder, and Garry Cover an experienced ex-Trent Park (Arkay) defensive midfield player who has trained with us in the past.
George gave us a photo for his registration last night and Younes and Garry will (hopefully) be doing so when they come along to watch this Sunday. All three will then be available for selection for our match against Mardan on the 21st October.