THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Sunday 14th October (Home to Larsens)

Our next match is in Division One at Home to Larsens this coming Sunday (14th October). The squad will be picked after training this coming Wednesday night as there are a number of players who were ill or injured last Wednesday, while there are others who owe over £25.00 in subs, so that may come into consideration if we have more than 14 available.

The only players who we know are definitely unavailable at the moment are Daniel Cascoe who is serving the last game of his three-match suspension, and Terry Moore who is likely to be out until the end of October with a rib injury.
If anybody else cannot play, please let us know on or before Wednesday evening.

I will be registering Frazer John and Evon Williams in time for this match, but they will only be picked ahead of others if they come training and/or pay their Annual Subs (or we have less than 14 without them).
Frazer of course played for us in Pre-Season and Evon (a midfielder) is Riaz's Cousin. (He was at training last Wednesday and should be there again this Wednesday).

Although a lot of our players are p!ssing me about with Teamer by either removing themselves from it or ignoring the automated messages, I will be using it to ask players if they are available for this match or not.
The alternative is that the club pays for a pay-as-you-go mobile phone for me to use and we then put your subs up to £10.00 a match to pay for all the unnecessary texts and phone calls I will have to make. So...it's up to you.

Re: Squad For Sunday 14th October (Home to Larsens)

Trevor has named a squad of 15 for the Larsens match this Sunday as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Gavin Mardell
Alan Barnard
Lexton Harrison
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Tony King
Martin Cruickshank
Danny Hagan
Riaz Daniels
Krishan Singh
Francis Karemo
Rafiel Johnson
Jack Bangs
Ben Keating
Daniel Daley

The only one out of those 15 who has not confirmed their availability yet on Teamer or at training last night is Tony King. He came off injured in our last match two weeks ago then missed training last week because of that injury and then missed training last night because of a heavy cold.
If Tony is not fit to play this Sunday we will still have 14, so there is no need to call anybody else up. (TJ or Martin can fill in at left-back).

If others drop out from the squad above though, we now have Frazer John and Evon Williams signed up, while Ivan Bass is also available to play this Sunday if needed. The League Registration Secretary (Denis Coventry) has gone and registered Frazer as 'Frazer Johnson though ! ( See here ).
We will also be signing up three more new players in time for the Mardan match on the 21st October after they impressed at training last night, but we will not be putting them, Frazer, Evon & Ivan in ahead of current regular players until they have paid their Annual Subs. Also, if they cannot attend training (which seems to be the case with Frazer), then they are going to have to come along to watch a match first (e.g. this coming Sunday ?) and pay their Annual Subs then before we can start playing them.
I am not sure if Trevor mentioned Annual Subs to the new players last night, but I am guessing they may not have to pay the full £30 as they are joining with two months of the season having already gone. In previous seasons we have charged them something between £15-25 if they join during the season. (Can Trev confirm this please ?)

I would also suggest that if any of these new players are coming along to watch this Sunday and can get there by 10.00.a.m., they bring their boots and join in the pre-match warm-up so that they can get to know their new team-mates.

Don't forget that full details of this match are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page ...including directions to our home pitch for new players who don't know where it is.

I doubt whether anybody will see this in time, but Ben needs a lift from Edmonton Green Station at 10.00.a.m. (His train arrives at 9:57).

I can't do it as I will be putting the camera up at that time, while Terry Moore is not coming to watch as he is babysitting and his wife has taken the car. (A common occurrence whenever a player is injured of course).

Also, Tony King is not playing, so if nobody can give Ben a lift, we will only have 13.

I would just like to say...excellent performance today to beat a very good side 2-1 with Terry, Cascoe, Ben, Daley & Kingy all missing and six new players in our starting line-up who are still getting to know each other.

Just one or two things concerned me though...
Jacko storming off into the changing rooms on the final whistle because of how we conceded their consolation goal obviously annoyed me at the time, but I'm pleased to say that was all sorted out amicably soon afterwards, so we can forget about that one now. Hopefully I can find a way of editing it out of the You Tube highlights.

Far more worrying though was the volley of abuse I heard being shouted out by a certain player at a certain person about 15 minutes after the game. As I was packing my ladder/gantry away at the time, I couldn't quite hear what exactly was being said, but that sort of thing will get us thrown out of the League if we are not careful, and I will be having serious words with that player the next time I see him. Alternatively he can phone me before training on Wednesday and explain himself.

Finally, it was great to see us have so many supporters on the line, and I honestly can't remember the last time we had more people on our touchline than that of our opponents at a Rovers match ! However, at least three of those 'supporters' were shouting a complete load of bollocks at times when it came to tactical instructions, most of which were totally the opposite of what Trevor had told our players to do !
No we are NOT going to do man-for-man marking at corners and no we are NOT going to push our back four up to the half-way line and play the offside trap !!! That last one is a ludicrous idea in Sunday League football when you have a club linesman who actually forgot he was supposed to be the linesman (Krishan) or a replacement (Trevor) who cannot run and keep up with play because of a dodgy knee. In addition to that, a lot of Referees in our League ignore club linesmen anyway because they think/know they are cheating, so if we play the offside trap we will let in loads of offside goals. We also now have bags of pace up front, so defending deep and hitting teams on the break suits us, and that is how we won today. No problem with telling our defenders they are too deep and to get them out of the penalty area, but please stop telling them to play the offside trap every time.

Trevor will be away in Australia for 5 weeks in late-March/early-April...right at the business end of the season where on the evidence of today's performance we could be competing for the Division One title and playing in a Cup Final or two. If the 'supporters' in question start 'taking over' as unofficial Manager in those matches, in my opinion we will not win a thing.
Please let Trevor do his job...and Terry Moore, who will be Caretaker Manager in Trevor's absence.

Rant over...for the time being.