THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Teamer

I spoke to quite a few of our players at our match yesterday who told me they 'can't' use Teamer because:
a) Their i-phones cannot download the Teamer app, and/or
b) Their i-phones (and other smartphones) won't remember their login & password details (despite clicking on the 'Remember Me' box) and it is too much of a hassle having to keep typing them in every time. Some players have now forgotten their passwords because the 'Remember Me' function didn't work.

I have therefore contacted Teamer and also had a browse on the internet for solutions to this and here's what the problem is...

a) The Teamer i-phone app can only be downloaded if you are using iOS5 (or the even newer iOS6) on your i-phone. Whether you are using an i-phone 3, 4 or 5 is irrelevant. It's the phone's operating system (iOS) that matters.

b) The iOS5 operating system for the i-phone disables cookies by default, which is why the 'Remember Me' function for logins & passwords will not work. Assuming iOS5 is the same as the Safari browser on a computer (I don't have an i-phone, so I wouldn't know), you have to go to Settings on your i-phone, then 'Safari', then 'Accept Cookies' and check 'From Visited' (or 'Always').
Having done that, if you have forgotten your password the next time you log in, there should be a function that you can click on whereby Teamer can text or e-mail you your forgotten password. You then use that, click on 'Remember Me' and you shouldn't have a problem on your i-phone thereafter. If you do, you will need to let me know so that I can re-send your invite whereby you re-register with a new password.
I suspect this is the same with other smartphones (e.g. Blackberrys) with cookies being disabled, so you have to go into Settings for cookies and alter them yourself ?

At the moment we only have about 7 or 8 players who are able to use Teamer because they are either using a computer instead of a smartphone, or they are actually willing to type out their login & password details every time.
Hopefully everybody else will now try out the above suggestions and start using the service, as it will make things a lot easier for me if they do.

If somebody can confirm if any of the above is correct/works when activated, I will then update our own 'Teamer Manual' in due course.

Re: Teamer

The latest 'problem' with Teamer...

Several of our players informed me this morning that their i-phone app was no longer working, and here's why ...it was a 30-day free trial !

It only costs £3.99 per player to subscribe to the app for the rest of the season though, so I think players should pay for that themselves initially and as soon as possible (presumably by credit/debit card via their i-phone if that's how it works), then the club gives them a £4.00 credit off their subs.
(I will know when they have paid for the app as it will appear on my Teamer co-ordinator's page).

In my opinion, that will still work out cheaper than Barney's idea of the club paying for me to use a pay-as-you-go new mobile phone to text players and find out if they are available or not (or tell them a game is off)...which would be very time-consuming for me instead of using Teamer.

Your thoughts ?