THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Midweek Training Session - Starts On Wednesday (26th Sept)

Training starts this coming Wednesday night at the Southgate Hockey Centre (Astroturf). We have got the pitch booked between 9.00. - 10.00.p.m., but I think we should start at 8.30.p.m. with a warm-up and run down Snakes Lane.

Please read what I have put here on the Latest Club News page and let me know your thoughts either on here or at our match tomorrow.

Re: Midweek Training Session - Starts On Wednesday (26th Sept)

I have now got this up here on Teamer (login needed) for players to let me know if they are attending or not.

Speaking to Barney and one or two others in the changing room after yesterday's match, they were saying that an 8.30.p.m. start is a definite, but instead of running down Snakes Lane, we should do 'shuttle sprints', etc. on the old Astroturf 'mat' that has been put down between the two Astroturfs specifically for teams to use as a warm-up area.
The only problem with that is that the other teams who are due to go on both the football and Hockey Astroturfs at 9.00.p.m. will also probably have the same idea, so there won't be a lot of room for running and sprinting, only stretching exercises.
Also, we have been told in no uncertain terms that we cannot kick balls about on that warm-up area in case they bounce onto the Hockey pitch while a (possible National Hockey League) game is going on, and also we cannot use the grass field for a warm-up. (It will be too wet and muddy for that now anyway).

We will therefore give Barney's idea a try this Wednesday and see how it goes, although I would say some sort of run down Snakes Lane might still be a possibility if enough players are up for it.

Who the fack is going training?

I will not be there until just before 9 as I have to take Patrick to training tonight before Rovers training.

Jacko
Who the fack is going training?
That's what I was just about to ask as well.

I can't understand why players are not using Teamer. What can be more simple than just texting a 'Y' or an 'N' ?!

The only players who are NOT going training tonight are Terry Moore and Tony King, both of whom are still struggling with injuries, particularly Terry, who won't be playing again until the end of October.
Also Ben Keating has put on Teamer that he is unavailable, but I think that might be because his girlfriend is using the car, so he can't get there. If somebody who lives near him wants to phone/text him to see if he needs a lift, then he might be able to attend. (If players put reasons on Teamer by viewing their e-mails and logging in to answer 'Y' or 'N', then we would know and could get something sorted out a bit earlier).

As far as I am concerned, everybody else should be there unless they put something on Teamer, on here or by texting/e-mailing me to say that they cannot attend. If players don't turn up because they 'didn't know it was on', then that's their fault if they get dropped from the starting line-up on Sunday because of that.

If players cannot turn up until 9.00.p.m. because of other commitments, that is not a problem. Getting there at 8.30.p.m. if you can will be for your benefit.

You can just tell already its going to be 3-4 people. Shock.

I'll be there - keen as ever!

Danny Hagan
You can just tell already its going to be 3-4 people. Shock.
Well Frankie has just replied on Teamer saying he is coming training tonight when originally he said he couldn't because he has to babysit on Wednesdays (I think ?).
...unless he clicked on the 'Y' button by mistake ?

I have just arranged to give Martin Cruickshank a lift.
Riaz & Jack both told me on Sunday that they would be there and so did TJ.
Krishan said he would be there and bringing two others (including Younes Jouied).

Most players had 'stormed off' home after Sunday's game before I had a chance to ask them though.

Hey guys. Babysit!...moi? Are you sure Trevor?

Lol....no, I'll be there at 2030hrs. Can't think of anything I'd rather be doing tonight than running up and down snakes lane for half an hour:)

Being serious now though, I realise I really need to get fit so I'm looking forward to tonight and the same every week.

Well...we had 12 there last night, but that included myself, Tim and a couple of Riaz's mates, so in effect, we only had 8 players there from the 18-20 who supposedly want to play for us on Sundays at the moment.

Well done to Barney, Hagan, Jacko, Riaz, Jack Bangs, Martin C., Frankie & Gavin for making the effort to turn up, but where the hell was everybody else ?!!!
Our players have been asking for training for months now, then as soon as we start (in absolutely perfect conditions and on a miles better Astroturf than it used to be), the majority of them just don't bother turning up. Apart from Terry Moore, Tony King, Ben Keating and John Scouller, I had no replies on Teamer, no text messages, no Forum messages and no e-mails, while on Sunday the culprits for not turning up last night just disappeared after the final whistle without saying anything.
Why ?

We had an excellent worthwhile session last night including a good 15-minutes in the new designated warm-up area from 8.45.p.m. Although Trevor wasn't there, Barney got things organised, so we weren't just standing about and it wasn't 'boring'.

We do not have a match on Sunday 7th October, so if players do not make an effort to turn up to training on Wednesday next week (3rd October) and the following Wednesday (10th October)...or at least let us know if they genuinely cannot attend, they will be well out of order.