THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 23rd September (Home to Turnford Geese)

Our next match is at Hazelwood (at last) where we face Turnford Geese in a Division One match. Full details are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

This is the first of three matches that Daniel Cascoe will be suspended for, while Manager Trevor Hughes is still away in Cyprus. Other than that, we should have all other current regulars available, and also new signing Jack Bangs, who I will be getting registered in time for this match.

The squad of 16 is therefore as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Gavin Mardell
Alan Barnard
Lexton Harrison
Tony King
Terry Moore
Danny Hagan
Riaz Daniels
Rafiel Johnson
Ben Keating
Daniel Daley
Martin Cruickshank
Krishan Singh
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Frankie Karemo
Jack Bangs

Although he will be Manager once again in Trevor's absence, as far as I am concerned, Terry should come into the starting line-up for this match as he should have recovered from his rib injury by then.
That means (if nobody drops out) we will have five good-quality substitutes, but of course only three can be used. Personally I think that the amount of subs owed/non-payment of Annual Subs should come into the equation as regards who does not get brought on, so out of the 16 above, here are those who are 'under threat' if we go by club rules, so they need to pay a reasonable amount either at 7-a-side on Thursday, by BACS or Teamer straight into the club account during the week (I will try and set Teamer up for that on Tuesday), or before the kick-off on Sunday:
Martin Cruickshank ...Owes £101.50 (including Annual Subs). We have told him to pay at least £10.00 every time he plays so that he gradually catches up, but he didn't pay me anything today. I think he said something about paying it to Terry, but I'm not sure ?
Danny Hagan ...Owes £38.00 in match subs.
Rafiel Johnson ...Is up-to-date with match subs, but still owes £24.00 Annual. If he pays at least £10.00 on Sunday though, not a problem.
Frankie Karemo ...Is up-to-date with match subs, but still owes £24.50 Annual. If he pays at least £10.00 on Sunday though, not a problem.
Krishan Singh ...Is up-to-date with match subs, but still owes £23.50 Annual. If he pays at least £10.00 on Sunday though, not a problem.
Jack Bangs ...Has only just joined, but needs to pay £30.00 Annual Subs before he plays ahead of the others listed above (or at least some of it).

I will use Teamer tomorrow (Monday) to notify the 16 players above that they are in the squad and for them to reply back on there to confirm their availability. Don't forget if you sign up with a password, you can then reply on the Teamer page using your smartphone (instead of replying by text) and it won't cost you anything. Alternatively, use your e-mail.
If you are not sure if you can play or not (so can't answer 'Y' or 'N'), then you need to use this Forum or text/e-mail me as normal so that you can explain your predicament. (That was why we didn't hear from Daley for the Lord Morpeth match...because he had blisters and didn't know if he would be fit in time).

Re: Squad for Sunday 23rd September (Home to Turnford Geese)

Most players have been using Teamer to confirm their availability for this match which is good, but I have had to click the 'Yes' button for some of them who e-mailed and/or texted me instead because they don't know how to login and do it themselves.

The only players in the 16 who have not confirmed on there yet (according to this...login needed) are Riaz Daniels, Martin Cruickshank & Frankie Karemo.

Just to correct something from my last post...Martin did pay £10.00 to Terry last Sunday, so no problem there.

Also, Jack Bangs registration has been accepted by the League, so he is clear to play tomorrow.

On Teamer, I have not put Daniel Cascoe (suspended), John Scouller (Injured) or Martin Loveday (Family Commitments ?) down alongside myself as part of the squad in terms of asking for a 'Y' or an 'N' as to whether they are coming along to watch, but I understand there is a chance that all three of them might be there to help out on the touchline and/or supervise the pre-match warm-up and any substitutions needed...which would be excellent bearing in mind that Trevor is still on holiday, I will be filming the game and Terry Moore will be starting the match.
Terry is officially Player/Caretaker-Manager tomorrow in Trevor's absence, so it is up to him whether he wants to make any changes.

I will be getting there at 9.00.a.m. to open up the changing rooms and put the nets up. Tony King has volunteered to help me, but if others can come along between 9.00. & 9.15.a.m. to help, that would be excellent.
I want to be in a position to get players' subs in at 9.45.a.m. when they arrive as it is going to be too hectic to do that after the match with 'everybody' shooting off to watch Liverpool v. Man United.
I also need to take some 'mugshot' photos of our players for the Player Profiles page. Jacko...you need a new one I think !!?

Please note that I will be out today from 12.00. mid-day filming Ebbsfleet v. Barrow, then editing the highlights in the evening, so if I don't reply to texts or whatever for a few hours, you will know why.