THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 16th September (Away to Lord Morpeth)

This coming Sunday sees us playing in Hackney Away to Lord Morpeth at Victoria Park in the First Round of the London F.A. Sunday Junior Cup. Hopefully we have a good chance of reaching the Final of this competition as we usually go in the Sunday Intermediate Cup. (It was the London F.A.'s decision to demote us, not mine !).

Full details of how to get to the ground are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page, but basically you can either make your own way there and meet at the St. Mark's Gate entrance at 9.45.a.m. or meet at Hazelwood Sports Ground (outside the Connaught Gardens entrance) at 9.00.a.m., then we will travel in convoy from there by turning right into Hazelwood Lane, first left into Callard Avenue and straight onto the North Circular from there.
If anybody wants to do that though (travel in convoy), they MUST let me know, as I will be making my own way there otherwise...but probably picking up Daley & Rafiel at Silver Street station at about 9.05.

As for the squad, it is currently as follows (14 players):
Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Alan Barnard
Gavin Mardell
Lexton Harrison
Tony King
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Francis Karemo
Krishan Singh
Riaz Daniels
Rafiel Johnson
Ben Keating
Daniel Daley

If anybody drops out, then hopefully Ivan Bass will be available, then anybody who brings a photo to 7-a-side tomorrow (Monday) night for their registration (if we actually play tomorrow night !).

Manager Trevor Hughes will be away on holiday and missing this match, so Terry Moore will be Player-Manager. If Terry is still having problems with his rib injury, we will name a squad of 15 (including Ivan if he is available) and Terry will go sub and be Manager from the touchline. We will need one of the substitutes to run the line if the Referee wants a Lino though. (Sometimes they don't bother in the London Cup).

Re: Squad for Sunday 16th September (Away to Lord Morpeth)

I managed to get Martin Cruickshank signed up last night. I have just posted his registration this morning, so he should be eligible to play on Sunday.
I am therefore including him in the squad along with Ivan Bass if he is available. That will then be a squad of 16, but that includes Krishan Singh (who is not replying to texts) and Terry Moore who will be Manager and (as far as I know) doesn't mind not playing/only going sub because of his rib injury.
Terry will of course return to the starting line-up the following week when Cascoe is suspended.

Martin (Cruickshank) said he will phone Terry for a lift on Sunday. (I will have a full car if I am picking up Daley & Rafiel).
If Ivan is not playing, Cascoe might have to pick up Lexton as myself & Terry will be travelling in the opposite direction (from Edmonton down the North Circular).

In addition to Jack Bangs, Lee King has still not given me a photo for his registration. The rules of the London FA Sunday Junior Cup are such that we can actually sign players up for this match up until mid-day on Friday, but they have to be processed by the League Registration Secretary, and in general, any registrations he receives after the deadline for League matches (i.e. 8.00.p.m. on the Wednesday before the match) he leaves in his 'tray' until the following week.
As long as nobody drops out though, we have got a strong enough squad for this Sunday anyway.

The Teamer thing is working quite well for this match as well with 9 players confirming their availability so far and nobody dropping out. Still waiting for a response from Jacko, Ivan, Lexton, Daley, Riaz, Frankie & Krishan though.

One thing I do need to 'tweak' on there though is the notification of whether players are going straight to the ground or need a lift/want to meet at Hazelwood and travel in convoy.
It seems to be an automated message that Teamer sends, but I don't know what it actually asks as I can't text myself from it !
Consequently I am getting a mixture of responses from players which says they are either 'coming to Victoria Park Hackney' or 'coming to the ground'...which is a bit confusing.
...so I might still have to text everybody from my mobile to find out ?

I need a lift for this.

Shoulder OK, should be fine for Sunday.

Hi Laurence/Trevor. Apologies for short notice but I won't be able to make the game tomorrow. Good luck guys!

Rafiel has just told me that TJ is coming tomorrow, presumably to play if needed rather than to watch ? If TJ is fit again then, he can replace Frankie in the squad.

However, Daley seems to have disappeared and I assume Ivan isn't coming as he said he would let me know yesterday (Friday) if he could.
Krishan might turn up this time though as he lives in Hackney, so hopefully we can still scrape up a squad of 14.
Martin Cruickshank is now registered and he will be there tomorrow.

Jacko says Danny Hagan is giving him a lift...so a journey for Hagan from Chingford to North Enfield then back to Chingford again to go down the North Circular/A12 ? There's dedication for you ! Well done, Captain.